cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4 days now

davidkopnicky

No broadband for 4 days now

Wednesday morning I woke up to the red broadband light.

Immediately called Plusnet to find out there was apparently a major mess caused by BT that night. Which I could understand but ultimately, I am a Plusnet customer, not a BT customer.

4 days, 7 calls and 1 tweet later I still have no broadband. In EVERY. SINGLE. CALL. I was promised a manager would call me to discuss the situation. Guess what? No one called me.

On Thursday one of your phone guys SWORE (gave his word) he would call me back on Friday. Guess what? He didn't. That's how much he values his word.

I am an IT professional working from home. Your incompetence and lack of communication are costing me £££. Had to purchase 4G WiFi with expensive data package that does not replace broadband speed or latency. Had to tell my customers to wait while I am waiting for you.

Now I was told a talk about compensation would be possible after my service is back on. Guys, I'm not interested in £15 off my next monthly bill!!! This has already cost me £200+ in expenses and invaluable loss of reputation by my clients.

I would welcome if that elusive manager of yours could kindly pick up a phone and let me know what Plusnet is actually doing to resolve this madness.

Do me proud already, so far zip, zilch, nada.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: No broadband for 4 days now

Should this have been posted under business? Surely an IT professional working from home and whose reputation and income depended on a reliable connection would not choose to use a bargain basement, low priority residential service?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

IT professional without a backup plan? Funny
davidkopnicky

Does ridiculing me somehow satisfy you two? Maybe instead of snark witty replies you could have used the energy to say something actually helpful?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

I was not ridiculing you I was asking a simple question as I would have expected you to use the business service at least. I'm afraid you will not get priority sevice with the standard residential service and I doubt you will get reimbursement for any incidental costs. I also doubt the Plusnet idea of a goodwill gesture will satisfy you. I'm afraid that experience doesn't often come without costs.

My attempt to be helpful is to suggest that you contact Plusnet and negotiate to transfer to the Business service where you should get a higher priority response in future. Alternatively transfer to another ISP having first reviewed their customer service rating before cost. AAISP have a very good reputation.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Really sorry to hear what's happened to your connection @davidkopnicky

I can see we're working on fixing this as soon as we can and we'll update you shortly.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet