Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet, orange lights on hub

FIXED
Michaeljg
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No Internet, orange lights on hub

Gone through usual troubleshooting - plugged into test socket, swapped filters etc. Still remains solid orange light and "disconnected" status for internet. All credentials fine, was working until 9am this morning when suddenly internet lost and orange lights.

No tech support via phone, so what to do next? Any other people having problems or reported issues?

Unhappy as this means unable to work from home - which has significant financial knock ons Sad
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Kirkwood-Black

Re: No Internet, orange lights on hub

Have exactly same fault and has been there for the last 2 days. Can't call tech support and having to tether internet using my mobile which is not cheap.
shenzi3

where are you?

My mum in Cheltenham has also reported the same problem about 30mins ago

cheers

Kirkwood-Black

Essex. Just managed to speak to tech support who advised:

Please plug your router into the test socket with no other devices connected. Please also check and confirm that there is no damage to any of your equipment or wiring. Please leave your router in this set up for a minimum of 3 days. Please also try an alternative router and/or microfilter if you have them.

The test socket is in the master socket so you need to take the cover off the master socket, then plug in the router. He said if it hasn't connected in 2 hours, to call them back. If it does, leave it there for a few days to monitor it.

Hope this helps. Mine is now plugged in and we will see if it connects.
Michaeljg
Hooked

I am in Cheltenham too.

Plugged into test socket and changed filter. Given another plusnet customer in Cheltenham has the same issue, i don't think expecting people to wait 3 days is an acceptable response either...
Laura250

Hi, I’m also on Cheltenham and experiencing exactly the same problem. I checked the site and it says they are experiencing no problems with broadband connections which obviously isn’t true for Cheltenham. Have you managed to solve the problem based on any advice you’ve been given? 3 days is a long time to wait when trying to work from home and connect to online meetings.
Michaeljg
Hooked

Fix

Hi, update, the router is back to blue light - can you check yours too?

I had changed the filter and plugged into the test socket but to no avail, so could try restarting the router if still orange for you?

I kept the router hub window open in my browser, so I could see it trying to connect every x seconds (30?), and it eventually succeeded. 

Fingers crossed it's working for others in Cheltenham now too. 

Laura250

Yes after much perseverance we are back online too! Hopefully just a glitch. Had Plusnet for a year and no problems so far other than this.