cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer connection speed all over the place!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: New customer connection speed all over the place!

No problem, @Rhod , although I might be a bit quiet for a fortnight or so - end of 9 months isolation from my 'other half'Smiley

John
Rhod
Dabbler

Re: New customer connection speed all over the place!

Hope your time with the other half has been a good one, John! 9 months, crumbs.

You deserve an update! In short, we have a connection that is behaving itself, and potentially some light on previous difficulties. The connection is stable, we haven’t seen the buffering symbol on iPlayer for a couple of weeks, video conferencing is smoother. Uploading is probably marginally better. So I’m happy with the service I’m receiving. Maybe I should have just waited it out before bothering you guys, apologies, but with working and studying from home there was a bit of pressure to get this right! Also, I’m glad I found out about this community, and I wouldn’t have thought to install a BT Smarthub without the support here.

One of the issues was the router crashing - the logs showed this multiple times, and which I guess may have had an impact on the connection software working out stable speeds and allowing the connection to settle down. My son twigged that this was happening whenever he was connecting to the games downloading site itch.io. This didn’t happen on the previous connection and, we don’t think, on the Plusnet connection with the old router before moving to the BT Hub. So that’s an interesting one, and I’d be interested in your thoughts here, but without the urgency that I conveyed at the start of this thread! Thank you.