cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre install feedback

maddenhome

New Fibre install feedback

So, I recently had fibre installed (Last Friday to be exact) and my estimated speeds shown are 56mb which is what I'm getting, all is good there.
However, when checking on BT's own website, the estimated speeds are 60-80mb which it currently seems to fall short of (I'm sure there's a valid reason for this).
The day of the install didn't go too well as my speeds weren't set quite correctly but that was easily forgiven by the excellent customer service I got... But, I do still wonder why is it that my ip profile is 77.43 Mbps according to the BT Wholesale speed test, and it states "For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 61.95 Mbps-77.43 Mbps." Which again, my current speed is falling short of.
Overall though, I'm very happy with it all and just want to clear up the confusion of the speeds.
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Fibre install feedback

Hi maddenhome,
I've just had a look at this for you and can see that your IP Profile is showing as 77.43Mbps and I've given your connection profile a bit of a nudge from our side here. This should improve the speed you're getting. Let me know if it doesn't change.
maddenhome

Now running up at the top of the estimated speeds. Thanks very much, greatly appreciated.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to see that's helped! Smiley
Hope to see you around in the Forums some more in the future!