cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Business Customer (Speed Query)

iandnrecords

New Business Customer (Speed Query)

I have recently (in the past week) taken a new ADSL2+ broadband line from PlusNet as looking to come away from BT who I am currently with so both running side by side at the moment.  Both are on Exchange Only ADSL copper wires which is why I cant get fibre.  My line should manage 10Mb-19Mb download and 1Mb upload and with the BT line I consistently get 17Mb/0.8Mb but with my new PlusNet line I don't get this.  I tested the master socket the day it was installed and I got 17Mb/1Mb the same as BT but since then it has dropped to around 10Mb and today below 3Mb.  Am I doing something wrong? I am using the BT router on that independent line and the PlusNet router on their line for testing purposes.  Load of both lines is the same, a handful of pc's, streaming online radio, emails, web browsing etc.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: New Business Customer (Speed Query)

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing poor speeds since moving over to Plusnet.

During the first 10 days after your activation, your line undergoes a "training period" during which the line tries to find its most stable point and the speeds are up and down during this period. However, even during the training period 3mbps is significantly below the speed that we would expect, given that the speed estimate is 10-19mbps.

Please can you run through our troubleshooting guides here and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New Business Customer (Speed Query)

@iandnrecords

It might be instructive to try your BT router on the Plusnet line. Depending on which BT Hub you have you will find the settings for your Plusnet account in the Router forum. Many of us use a BT Smarthub 6 (I use the Business version) as the WiFi performance is superior to Plusnet's offering.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'