Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netricity homeplug causing lower ADSL noise margin

mushroomwood
Dabbler

Netricity homeplug causing lower ADSL noise margin

Hi,
I've discovered that when I have my Netricity homeplug on the noise margin on my ADSL line reduces significantly and I get lower line speeds as a result.
My setup is:
Belkin N wireless modem router. Connecting wirelessly to a PC and any laptops that come by.
Netricity Powerline Ethernet 85 connected directly to the router, then connected via another plug to a second wireless router that serves the other half of the building (very thick walls require more than one wifi point)
I've found that disconnecting the ethernet cable from the router puts the noise margin back up, but then the system doesn't work of course!
Has anyone else encountered something similar and found any way around?
Thanks
Toby
3 REPLIES 3
SparckZero
Grafter

Re: Netricity homeplug causing lower ADSL noise margin

Toby,
Is the homeplug adaptor situated near your Belkin router / phone line / microfilter / phone socket? It may be interfering with your connection - there's an article on Kitz you may also want to look at: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm
mushroomwood
Dabbler

Thanks very much. Sorry, I wasn't clear about location but yes the adapter, socket, phone socket and router are all close together because they all have to be connected to each other!
I'll go read the kitz article now, thanks for the link.
bobboulby
Grafter

Hi Toby,
I'm not sure if this is much help but I've got a similar set up to you. The difference is that my router is a Netgear DG834G and my Homeplugs are Netgear HDX101s. The Homeplugs and router are right next to each other and I haven't noticed any problems at all.
Maybe it's an issue with the Netricitys.
Bob