cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed gone lower [solved]

leeanthony
Grafter

Re: My speed gone lower

ok thx for finally clearing that up, now who can actually help me? :x lets say i do have a fault on my line somewhere, if a bt engineer cant fix it then who the fuck can? see where im comin from yet genius?
Mark
Grafter

I think we need to push back on BT, provide them with further evidence and get another engineer out to check again.
Sometimes further checks identify whats going on. Both us and BT will help you and with persistance we'll get to the bottom of it.
If you havent already updated your fault ticket then please do so and we'll get this progressed.
leeanthony
Grafter

I created a fault ticket recently with you about this but I still havent had no reply.
Ive just phoned BT back up now, because I can hear a very feint electric buzzing sound but the woman on the phone said she cant hear nothing.
Shes supposed to be doing another line test and calling me back in a few minuutes
leeanthony
Grafter

OK Ive arranged for another BT Engineer to come out tomorrow morning, making it the second this month..  Undecided I already predict hes going to say everythings fine, and charge me ANOTHER £125.  Undecided Undecided Undecided
Makes me wonder how many £125's am I going to have to pay until someone detects a problem somewhere
Mark
Grafter

Ok thats at least something. Keep us posted on how that goes. I'll set an expectation now that if you have a voice fault underway with BT Retail that will prevent us progressing your ADSL fault as the fault on the voice side takes precedence over your ADSL fault and the systems will not permit us to investigate further your adsl fault while that is still open.
Have we charged you £125 following the last engineer?
If the voice side is not the issue then we can and will revisit the ADSL side of things.
As a side note, Barry wasnt having a dig at you in his last post. Your reply to him came across as a tad harsh tbh.
leeanthony
Grafter

No you didnt charge me anything, I arranged for the engineer to come out using 150 not through Plusnet. Same as I just have now
For the voice side of things
I have been using that 17070 option 2 test through out yesterday and today at different times, I didnt hear anything at all.. not even in the slightest up until about half an hour ago, I can now hear a very very feint continuous buzzing kinda sound.. almost sounds electrical  Undecided Im not sure how to describe it properly. The woman on the phone said she cant hear nothing though, so shes either deaf, im hearing things, or its not coming from my phone line or something? I really duno, and me not understanding this whole thing 100% doesnt exactly help.
ADSL Side
I have used 3 different routers this month, I doubt all 3 are going to be faulty. I replaced the micro filters today and even a different telephone cable from my router to the phone socket. Is there anything else im missing to rule out my own hardware etc..
And one last time as I have said it before but no one bothers to comment on it, so I assume it musnt effect anything.... It has been raining alot and very windy where I live pretty much every single day for the past week or so. My wiring is all underground though I think, but still personally, I dont know if that could be causing my margin thing to be high etc..
& Sorry Barry, I took it the wrong way then.  Kiss
Mark
Grafter

Sounds like you've done as much as you can to rule out it being your kit and it's quite possible that you've got a soggy joint somewhere on the line which is causing the underlying problem.
Lets see what this engineer comes up with tomorrow and we'll take it from there.
Fingers crossed he nails it first go.
Keep us posted.
Mark
leeanthony
Grafter

ok I will let you know tomorrow thanks mark Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the buzzing is only present at certain times it could be interference from something that's not on all the time.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
leeanthony
Grafter

it might sound stupid but it sounds like either a quieter version of the sounds of my bedroom.... the pc fans etc..
or it sounds like the fridge in the kitchen
lol  Roll_eyes
both of them are on pretty much 24/7 though
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Can you run RouterStats with your router? (Depending upon the make it might have to be the Lite version). Noise on the line would probably coincide with a drop in noise margin, so seeing it on a graph might help you identify when it occurred and maybe what caused it.
leeanthony
Grafter

BT engineers been, looked like he did pretty much what the last guy did, he said he cant see any faults and the line is perfectly fine..... bleh  Undecided
Im running that program now jelv, it looks like a zig zag going up and down but going up alot more than down
jelv
Seasoned Hero

A variation of 1 or two db is quite normal - it will jig up and down all day. You are looking for a >3 drop.
A simple test to try straight off - use the phone to make a call e.g. dial your mobile - you don't need to answer it. Then try ringing your home number from the mobile.
leeanthony
Grafter

Ok just rang my house number, and then rang my mobile from the house with router stats still running (havent closed it yet) nothing really happend, Il keep it running all day all night and even all day tomorrow if you want, but il show it what its like so far and its currently really windy and raining here
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That looks excellent so far - exactly what I'd expect to see - and good news that using the phone has no effect. In the configuration, graphs you might want to change the Points per page so that you can see a longer period (it would be annoying if you saw a drop but the start of it had scrolled off the page)
I have routerstats in startup so it's running permanently.