Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FTTC speed down to just about useless

FIXED
darklight1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My FTTC speed down to just about useless

All started yesterday morning when i wake something catastrophic happened to my speed, web pages take forever to load, and you can forget trying to stream anything, and online gaming is, well last i looked in wow the latency was around 3600ms world.

And running a speed test with speedtest.net came back with Download Mbps 1.07 Upload Mbps 0.45, nothing like what i should be getting, looks more like dailup speed.

I usually get around 74.19 down 17.06 up, as you can see not happy.

Phoned plus net yesterday morning, informed the issue i was having and still are, i guess nothing was going to get done on a sunday, but now monday evening and still have the same issue, told it be around 24 to 72 hours, and ticket say Hold for 2 days as required - fault is 'In Progress'

20 REPLIES 20
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: My FTTC speed down to just about useless

@darklight1 Did you get given any idea as to what the issue was - it sounds catastrophic?

John
darklight1
Grafter

No all the ticket say Fault Type: SPEED.

jab1
Legend

OK. Helpful as always, but the turn-round time looks to be the usual OR network issue one.

John
darklight1
Grafter

Nothing as changed over the night, still as bad as it was sunday morning.

Latency is really bad can't load up the https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/details .

Like i said last night no hope of any online gaming at this quality service, i can barely just about watch a youtube video at the lowest res, not what i usually get from the service.

Have we gone back in time to the 90's with AOL dail up.

My computer is lan wired to the router asus RT-AX58U, thats pluged into a BT modem.

Also got a samsung s23 ultra and samsung s8 tab, they are wireless, bad latency running speed test on those.

jab1
Legend

Be patient - OpenReach only work Monday-Friday, but your problem is acknowledged.

John
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Good morning @darklight1 I've checked your fault and given Openreach a nudge regarding this. It's in their hands and as @jab1 has said they only work Monday to Friday. At the moment, today is only the 2nd working day. I'll keep an eye on this and check in later today to see if there has been any more updates for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

@darklight1 The Suppliers have advised the fault has been resolved. If this is not the case, can you pop me a private message and we can look at getting an engineer out to the property to investigate this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@ClaudiaG23 Why a PM?

John
darklight1
Grafter

Done a speed test and with speedtest.net

Download Mbps 2.23 Upload Mbps 3.42

with speedtest.btwholesale.com

PING 13 ms DOWNLOAD 36.56 Mbps UPLOAD 0.70 Mbps

Far from fixed
darklight1
Grafter

Do i need to reboot the modem and my asus router, would that make a difference?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@darklight1, has anyone said it is fixed?  @ClaudiaG23 said they've found a fault and need an engineer out.  It's unlikely to be fixed until that's happened at least.  She's asked you to PM her to arrange this.  As @jab1 says its a bit unusual, but unless she comes back and says anything different, that will be the quickest way to get an engineer booked and out to have a look.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

darklight1
Grafter

Got a engineer coming tomorrow morning cross my fingers hope it gets fixed.

Did a speed test with my ps5 through lan not wifi, ps5 was not happy with the speed test.

Just had a look at my dashboard on plusnet says Estimated download speed: 38 - 40Mbps

well thats not right for start, seems to me my package as been downgraded looks like i have been locked to a slower package, since this speed issue as happened.

What the hell as happened.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@darklight1 - Hiya, Claudia will be back with you tomorrow after the visit to see how thing have gone. Cheers

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

@darklight1 wrote:

Did a speed test with my ps5 through lan not wifi, ps5 was not happy with the speed test.

Just a heads up that the PS speedtest isn't great, it's always a good chunk lower than from a wired desktop computer.

Something to bear in mind for when the issue is fixed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'