cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

Snarf
Grafter

Moving House

I'm a little confused and didn't get much further having talked to a PN person on the phone.
Basically we're due to move house on 5th August, BT have placed an order on the line but have provided us with a new phone number as the people there are taking their line with them. However BT were unable to provide us with a Sim number (woman said possibly because there's another provider on the line??), we've just got a job reference number.
Person at PN said that PN would be unable to initiate a broadband move until the new number was active (i.e. 5th August - well the 6th as BT can't guarantee the new number is active until 8pm). So I'm a little confused, what should be a simple process is potentially leaving us without broadband for up to 2 weeks? Is this really right? With them having a phone line, it should be a straightforward process to identify that the line can take broadband, therefore when the new phone line is active the broadband can be activated at the same time.
Help would be most appreciated as we don't want to be without broadband for the 2 weeks we're supposed to be off with moving. Are there alternatives, i.e. dialup whilst the BB is being put it?