cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

gordo
Grafter

Moving Home

I am moving House on the 1st of August and will be requesting my BBand, home Phone are moved also taking my number with me.  I went via my account to the moving page after reading through some help files, which said that 7 days are needed more if possible.  So trying to get ahead in just about everything before the move, I thought I would fill in the moving request form, requesting the change over to be August  1st, low and behold it will not allow me to make the request this early stating the date must be 7 days from today's date.
How can I then possibily  give more days notice as suggested in the help file.
While on this subject, I want to take my present phone number with me, although in a different village 5 miles away it still comes under the same std code, is it possible to carry on and take my number ?
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Moving Home

Hi Gordo,
Firstly if you are moving but staying on the same exchange you will be able to request to keep your telephone number.  If it's on a different exchange you won't be able to do so.  Just as an example, my parents moved from the outskirts of Hemel Hempstead to a neighbouring town called Berkhamsted.  Whilst they are both on the same STD (01442), Hemel Hempstead is 014422 and Berkhamsted is 014428 and on a different exchange, and they weren't able to keep their telephopne number.
Were you definitely request August 1st rather than July 1st?  It seems strange that it wasn't allowing you to put in that sort of request otherwise.
gordo
Grafter

yep definately Aug 1st.   will try again and report back.
both are the same code..  Dereham 01362 and moving to shipdham 01362

Just tried again  with the following  1st Date 1st Aug 2009 am (2nd) date 1st Aug 2009 pm  (3rd) 3 Aug 2009 am  the following in red were the errors
Please select a valid working day.
Moving date must be at least 7 working days from today

Please select a valid working day.

itsme
Grafter

1st August is a Saturday so not a working day.
You only can keep the number, as James has stated, if you remain on the same exchange. Don't matter that they still have the same STD code as you will find that the next 2 numbers will be unique to the exchange you are on.