cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?

ithompson72
Hooked

Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?

I am currently with BT on Infinity 2 and am looking to migrate to a provider on ADSL.  Can I migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL as the website only offers me fibre packages when I check availability?

16 REPLIES 16
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?

If you put your phone number in here what does it say is available? https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

My guess is that if this shows that ADSL is available then this problem is connected with your previous post here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Our-records-show-that-you-already-have-Plusnet-broa... which probably hasn't been fully sorted despite assurances to the contrary.

If this is the case then starting a new thread may be only serving to complicate matters.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

If you haven't moved house since the last time you were with us, our checks show that ADSL is available to order at your address.

That said, could you send me a PM to confirm your address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ithompson72
Hooked

Thanks, but I don’t believe it is related as it offers me fibre options but not ADSL. I suspect Plusnet systems aren’t setup to allow a migration in when downgrading and am posting here to check to see if this is indeed the case.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I suspect Plusnet systems aren’t setup to allow a migration in when downgrading and am posting here to check to see if this is indeed the case.

This shouldn't be the case at all. It's possible that there may be no ADSL availability at your exchange at present.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ithompson72
Hooked

Have PMd you my address (moved about 10 years ago but can’t see any way to change the address in the portal). Same exchange so shouldn’t be a full exchange if the old address is showing as available.
Phone number hasn’t changed.
Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your PM, from what I can see ADSL is definitely available still.

That said I've gone through the signup journey on our site using your details and I'm too seeing that you're not able to choose an ADSL package, which is odd. If you sign up on a fibre deal PMing me your new username once you've done so I'll be happy to get you on the ADSL offer instead. 

Also, if you reply to this ticket with the new address I'll be happy to update the details on your old account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ithompson72
Hooked

Thanks.  I am looking to order next week when my current contract is finished (to avoid any potential issues with BT).  I want to migrate to the ADSL Unlimited package on a one month contract which shows as £23.99 for the first 12 months.  It shows a £50 activation fee - is this the case if I am migrating from fibre?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I can see PN ADSL for £18.99/month incl. line rental (i.e. free broadband) on a 12-month contract with no activation fee.  Only snag is that the offer expires at midnight today (7th August).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Yeah the activation fee would still be applicable regardless of what service you've got at the moment.

However as @Jonpe has pointed out the activation fee is currently discounted to £0 if you order tonight.

That said, our online offers do change from time to time, so the next offer may be better, the same, or worse.

Just let me know when/if you do decide to go ahead and I'll make sure we provide you with the ADSL deal we currently offer at the time your account is created.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

Exactly Same Problem, PlusNet Web Site Not Working Correctly.

I Got Some Rubbish On PlusNet Live Chat That BT Will Not Release Current Phone Number Unless I Stay On Fibre.

Marketing Ploy By PlusNet, Ofcom Will Not Be Pleased.

Good Luck With Your Problem

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this @OwldChap

Mind sending me a PM with your full address as I'd like to look into this for you?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

@ithompson72

I had the same problem with the availability in that it Only Offered Fibre Options even though I started the order for ADSL.

I filled in the post code and telephone number on the check availability at the start of the order process the only option that came up was for fibre. Could you help me out, have PlusNet told you that because you are moving from fibre to ADSL that your present telephone number will not be released and you will have to change telephone number? This is what has happened in my case which goes against Ofcom say.

ithompson72
Hooked

The only communications I have had with Plusnet are the ones you see here in the forum where they have suggested I place an order for FTTC and then they would switch it manually in the background to ADSL.  In the end I got fed up with all the hassle and have just cancelled my broadband altogether (I will just use my phone data for now).  Broadband wasn't desperate for me and if tech companies can't get their online ordering systems working properly then it doesn't bode well.

OwldChap
Grafter

Thank You For Your Response.

if tech companies can't get their on line ordering systems working properly then it doesn't bode well. 

Your undoubtedly correct I should have known better.