cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet to Plusnet move

paulby
Grafter

Metronet to Plusnet move

One of my friends has decided to move from MN to PN and also sign up for Home Phone.
The method used to be to sign up for a dial up account on PN and then raise two tickets - one on the PN account and one on the MN account.
However, it would appear that there is no longer an option to sign up for a dial-up account and my friend decided to sign up for the package he wanted and then raise the tickets on the respective accounts .
Will this be OK or is it likely to cause problems?
Ticket ref for PN account is 28719499
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Metronet to Plusnet move

Hi Paul,
The process is still the same, we just don't advertise dialup services on the website anymore.
They can sign up for an account here:
http://www.plus.net/products/residential/payg/payg_standard.html
paulby
Grafter

@Jameseh - I'll PM you.
TooManyPies
Grafter

Sorry to open an old thread but the previous content is relevant.
I want to move my mum's broadband from Metronet to PN Value (I am the account owner). I also want the line upgraded to ADSLMAX. How should I request the MAX upgrade and is it best done before moving to PN?  I have just created a dialup account for the line.
Thanks, Oliver
James
Grafter

Hi Oliver,
I'd suggest getting the account moved over first, then I can easily place an order to upgrade the line to max once that has been done.
TooManyPies
Grafter

Thanks James.  I have just realised that I'm unsure of the migration process. I have created a PN dialup account but not sure what to do next. I recall that I have to open a ticket on both accounts but what do I ask to happen? The Metronet account has payment details set up, will this be carried over?
Oliver
James
Grafter

Hi Oliver,
You'll need to add payment details to the new Plusnet account.
Once you've done that, if you give Custoemr Services a ring, they'll be able to start the ball rolling for you.