Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection since this morning

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Lost connection since this morning

Quote from: Richchad
Just had this reply for my ticket.....'Please be advised, we offer a Thompson 4 port wireless router not a Speed touch router'....isn't that the same, a Thomson Speedtouch 585v7 router? 

Another mission for the GM Maestro!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay, got my new router today... just setting it up now, thanks to everyone for getting it to me so quickly.    Smiley
A question, on my Voyager 2091 I was able to enter the MAC key of my laptop to ensure that was the only wireless device connected, I can't find any option on the Thomson router for this, I have selected WPA2 with the Encryption key, is there anything else to restrict connections to just my laptop and mobile?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the wpa key is preinstalled, or it was in Jan when I got mine, the key is printed on the bottom of the router
Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
the wpa key is preinstalled, or it was in Jan when I got mine, the key is printed on the bottom of the router

Thanks for the reply pierre, I got the WPA key okay, all up and running but was looking for an option to enter the MAC key of my laptop as I did with my old router to limit wireless connection to just the laptop?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you look in the manual (heresy I know) there should be a heading "Connecting new wireless clients" in the v6 manual it is item 2.2.4 and the section starts in 2.2.3 Wireless Security
Richchad
Rising Star

I only have the v7 manual, no mention of MAC keys in it, is v6 different?
where can I download a v6 manual, can't see one on Thomson website?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It doesn't use the term MAC key either.
It refers to an Access Control List
I have uploaded it to here if it will help http://www.holtlane.plus.com/files/ST585_UserGuide.pdf
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for that Jim, hmmm V6 manual is a bit different to V7, I guess the WPS button on the front of the V7 is what was the Association button on the V6.
Can't find anywhere in the V7 manual about registering clients or lists etc.
I must be missing something here.................    Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend

just downloaded a copy from the O2 website and it appears to be under 5.2 Access Control page 39
Richchad
Rising Star

The O2 manual must be different to the Thomson manual?
5.2 is about assigning a service (HTTP, FTP,...) to a computer and not page 39 that is about Dynamic DNS.?Huh
http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglish/customer-service/SpeedTouchDocuments/xDSLGA-Wireless_SetupUserG...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Try this one and see if you can access the commands on your router http://www.divshare.com/download/4923528-e39
Richchad
Rising Star

That's the right one...managed to set it up now  Cheesy
Their manuals are a bit confusing, both say for the same router?
Maybe you should have a link to the correct one on the website or something in the leaflet you enclose with the router, or maybe you have and I just didn't look.  Embarrassed
Anyway thanks for your help, we got there in the end.  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

try home net work, interfaces configure, then Security allow new users by registration  http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/_wli_/cfg/?be=0&l0=3&l1=1&name=WLAN:+Thomson(Sid)
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks Pierre, I have managed to set it up, selected 'New stations are not allowed' and no other devices should be able to connect to it now.
Just needed the right manual to see how it was done, had to select that option, then do a search for wireless devices with the correct SSID otherwise it wouldn't connect.
Thanks anyway.  Wink
Richchad
Rising Star

Well now I have got it working have found the wireless signal doesn't work in the same room that my previous Voyager router managed to reach okay  Sad
Does anyone know how I can improve the signal, or change my Dell laptop adapter settings to receive a better signal, if I can't I will be very disappointed with the new router, thought if anything this would be an improvement not worse.
Hope someone can help..............