cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little bit of giudence please..

mapletree
Grafter

Re: Little bit of giudence please..

I guess the first thing is to tell us exactly the make and model of your router or modem.  Then give us details of your telephone wiring: i.e. everything plugged in to your telephone socket.  Is your router near your master socket?  Have you tried plugging in to the test socket?
If you can connect your computer via a network cable rather than wireless it might makes things easier.
James
Grafter

@ TPP
Don't worry, I already posted your line stats earlier in this thread.
It looks like there might be a problem with your internal wiring.  Can you make sure that your router connects to your master socket via a filter, making sure that all of the telephone sockets that are in use, also have a filter attached.
mapletree
Grafter

The linestats posted are only a snapshot at a particular time.  If the stats are monitored continuously it might be easier to find the problem.  e.g. if the line drops when a phone call is made.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: mapletree
If the stats are monitored continuously it might be easier to find the problem. 

Using something like RouterStats.
You may need a little help setting this up so please ask.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
sassy62
Grafter

Cheers guys...James the line is connected via filters..just checked the connections, all seems ok
Strat..I have hit on that link thank you...and I pulled up my router stats...how should I transer the information to here?
mapletree
Grafter

When you reply there is a little "+" sign with the text "Additional options".  If you click on there you can attach one or more files from your PC to your message.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The easy way is just to highlight with the mouse then copy and paste into the post.
The files you can attach to the post are limited to jpeg, jpg, png, pdf
sassy62
Grafter

Cheers for that chaps.....unfortunatly I can only save those files as GIFs..
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Open them in Paint or another suitable program and select save as - then select jpeg
sassy62
Grafter

Router stats..over to you guys..this doesnt make an ounce of sense to me..lol
All hard connections checked and secure btw
I just checked my download speed and im Just slightly over 1.5 mbps...I have a feeling this has dropped since I forst moved to plusnet
mapletree
Grafter

Looks like your sync speed is OK.  The noise margin shows a big drop at about 14:25.  Can you think of what was happening at the time?
Keep monitoring particularly for resync events.
Do a BT speedtest and it will tell you your IP profile.  This should be 4500-5000 for the sync speed on your graph.
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks maple...I will  check that when I get a minute...god knows what I was doing at half two...those figures come from about a week ago...so everything looks 'normal' then?
Right here you go.......
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1761 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2816 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Your sync speed is only 2816Kbps (when you ran that test).  The profiling is about right for that speed.
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks for that James...so theres nothing out of the ordinary then?
I have tried a few different sites and they are all coming up at around 1.5-1.7 mbps...lets hope BT sort this exchange soon...its pretty slow compared to a lot of place...but im managing.
mapletree
Grafter

I'd say there's something wrong since you were syncing at nearly 6M last week.  What's your noise margin now?