Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line drops

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 77

Re: Line drops

@PabloBruno 

Your connection didn't look very stable over Sunday evening with a few drops, the period early Monday morning could be a fault on the network somewhere, suggested by the multiple drops over the time period 00:30 (ish) to 02:45 (ish) this is the time period Openreach and BT perform network maintenance work.

In some circumstances the front plate of the MK4 Openreach Master Socket can become poorly seated as it's only held in position with clips rather than screws, the could cause intermittent noise on the line, which would be noticeable on a landline phone as crackling.

I would keep an eye on things for now to see if anything further happens.

Have you noticed a drop of speed since the weekend?

HTH

NB; it is recommended the Hub is kept switched on at all times to prevent the headend system thinking there is a fault when the Hub is powered off.

PabloBruno
Grafter

Hi,

I have now noticed another drop, so would really appreciate some more action here please.

I will be around tomorrow (Sat) and free to take a call now this busy work week is over.

Any advice and/or help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @PabloBruno Sorry about the connection dropouts you've been experiencing. Line tests aren't revealing any obvious causes for that. Mind sending over photos of the socket where the router plugs into the wall and also the back of the router just so we can check your setup? Feel free to send those over on a PM to me if you'd prefer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PabloBruno
Grafter

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @PabloBruno 

Things look to be more stable now.

How has the connection been on your end the past few days?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PabloBruno
Grafter

Slightly more stable but the average speed test has gone down from 56Mbps to 48Mbps.

I would still appreciate someone looking into what the problem was and if it is likely to resurface.

PabloBruno
Grafter

Can someone get back to me please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, we'd not be able to identify the exact cause of a past issue as we can only investigate current problems or recurring ones. I hope things remain stable with your connection but do shout up if there's any more issues and we'll get back on the case for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PabloBruno
Grafter

I just had another drop, so please will you finally look into this.

In the past I have had a few drops that then led to very lengthy outages. I would like to nip this in the bud.

I first reported this two weeks ago and had no meaningful responses. Please advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A drop at 1am will most likely be DLM optimising your sync speed based on the errors detected in the previous 24 hours

PabloBruno
Grafter

As a non-BT technician, I don't know what that means. All I do know is that the service I am paying for, that has had a troubled past, is patchy. I would like it to stop please.

Anonymous
Not applicable