cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving SKY.

novaboydie
Dabbler

Leaving SKY.

Hi all I have placed an order to come back to plusnet after being away for 2 years.Im taking the value BB and talk anytime.At the moment Im tied into sky's nextwork,so sky could not give me a MAC code,I called plusnet and told them this and was informed that that was ok.I take it this will be a third party cease?
Plusnet have told me I would not be charge for anything and they will just transfer my phone service and BB over within the next 2-3weeks.
What happens,and am Ilooking at some down time from my phone/BB?
If I had known I was tied into SKY's LLU I would not have taken the package in the first place.I have been told BT are wavering the £125 fee at the moment to take people of SKY or others LLU networks,thank goodness. Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Leaving SKY.

Welcome back Smiley
We transfer both telephone and broadband simultaneously with no downtime.
Occasionally the losing provider can place a cease on the line, or the broadband order doesn't complete at the same time as the telephone. This is rare and we will let you know if this is the case.
novaboydie
Dabbler

Hi again,
Im currently receiving these speeds as below,the plusnet speed test says approx 4.0mb,is this what I can expect or will I get speeds closer to what Im receiving now?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sky probably have you on ADSL2+, hence the higher speeds. However, a 4mbps estimate on 20CN equates to similar figures on 21CN. I think it's just a case of wait and see.
robjodi1985
Grafter

hi if i was you i would'nt leave sky's llu network to join plusnet,your receiving over 7meg at the moment on llu network thats pretty good.from my experience i was with sky and was averaging 7.8meg then i moved to plusnet and i was receiving just under 1meg to put it bluntly dial up speed!! i had 2 months of this before i moved and my speed is back up to http://www.speedtest.net/result/920047434.png
but if you dont watch video's,do online gaming,or download anything then its great for you..best of luck
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi All,
It's hard for responses from us not to be biased. However I'm sure novaboydie will be basing their decision on other factors than just speed alone. Customer service, stability and value for money seem to be the common reasons customers decide to move back to us after moving away and trying out a service with another ISP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team