Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead Times?

dudders1970
Dabbler

Lead Times?

Afternoon All.
I signed up to PN last week (Friday to be fair) and i was just wondering how accurate the stated lead times were?
I dont wish to appear impatient, even tho  i guess i am! Wink but with Christmas fast approaching i was trying to figure if ill be online in time for the holidays?
My situation is i have moved into a rented property that had a suspended BT line in and, not that i think it would make any difference, but im no more than 200 meters away from the exchange. so 2-4 working days to phone line, then 5-7 for the DSL switch on.
Thanks in advance, guys and gals

21 REPLIES 21
dudders1970
Dabbler

Re: Lead Times?

Well thanks for the barrage of replys! Grin but on a serious note, ive had the e-mail an hour or so ago to say the line is active, so hopefully when i get home from work i will have a dial tone.
The Race is on now to see if the DSL goes live before Xmas................... I reckon its gonna be tight, what do you all think? based on your own experiences.
Cheers again
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dudders1970,
Yes, your line has gone active today and the system will now place the order. Your broadband should complete by next Thursday, but I'll check the order tomorrow to confirm for definite.
Jojo Smiley
dudders1970
Dabbler

Thanks jojo, yep I'm home and the line is working fine,  thanks for chasing dsl through as well. I've been really pleased thus far. Regards will  Smiley
dudders1970
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi dudders1970,
Yes, your line has gone active today and the system will now place the order. Your broadband should complete by next Thursday, but I'll check the order tomorrow to confirm for definite.
Jojo Smiley

Hi Jo,
Just wondering if you had any news on this? I have had a text message on the 17th that said my Broadband order was being processed and it was expected to complete on .              no date just a fullstop!
Plus on my account it says my router has not been dispatched yet,  thats not a biggie as i have a router i can use if needs be.
Oh and i know this is now in the wrong section but i didnt know how to quote and move it, sorry, prehaps one of the Mods would be kind enough?Huh
Thanks
Will
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

moved - I hope I got it right
dudders1970
Dabbler

Thank you Jim, your a gentleman!  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dudders1970,
Your order is due to complete on the 23rd. The router order is in progress. If you can put another router on and you have a solid ADSL connection I may be able to get it running before then.
Jojo Smiley
dudders1970
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo,
I have access to a BT home hub, (the later wireless N version) which has worked fine with other ISP's
Also, with the exception of a PS3, all of my stuff is Apple , Macbook pro, Airport express, Apple TV, Iphone and 2 x Ipod touch, is the Thompson router my best option anyway?
I have to admit i sit firmly in the "a little knowledge is dangerous" camp lol
Will
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dudders1970,
Obviously I would recommend the Thomson, and apart from the fact that I use one without any problems we do have an awful lot of customers who use them without issue. I'm sure the guys on here will give you their opinions too.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Stick with the Home hub - I don't like Thomson products because of the way they emasculated the firmware and made anything out of the ordinary almost impossible
Now if Plusnet would offer the Home Hub I might try one  Shocked
dudders1970
Dabbler

Thanks for the replys guys,
If it were possible to cancel the router that seems like the sensible option as i was looking for an excuse to get an airport extreme next year any way.
If its too late don't worry but it seems silly to have it if i dont need it. Sorry i should have given that more consideration when ordering.
Will
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dudders1970,
No problem, I have cancelled the order for the router.
Jojo Smiley
dudders1970
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo,
I really appreciate your help, so does this mean you are able to speed the connection up as you suggested?
Will
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Will,
If you get a router set up and the sync/ADSL light is on solid then I may be able to get it going.
Jojo Smiley