cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since major outage last week

robertdw

Issues since major outage last week

There was an outage in our area last Tuesday 19th (4hours) - ever since we have connection issues / slow speeds.

Prior to the outage my setup was a Hub 1 with a Google nest router and point - speeds were around 20 wifi

since the outage, connection and wifi speed has been patchy so in desperation I decided to try the installing the Hub 2 that I received last year but never got around to using.

same issues with the hub 2 so called PN who agreed there had been a lot of disconnection so sent out an engineer, who came yesterday. He changed the socket and said that I would need to see if anything changes. The connection dropout seems to be less but the speed is still as bad.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before i contact PN again.

Cheers

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Issues since major outage last week

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
stevebeckwith

I have had the same issue.  Engineer came out yesterday and changed the box, exactly the same as you.  I received an email today from Plusnet Support saying my speed is greater than the guaranteed minimum speed of 9Mb/s. until last weekend it was 22Mb/s and our actual speed was 31Mb/s.  Its now 10Mb/s.  I replied to PN Support and am awaiting a reply.  I will update this thread when I have a reply.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@stevebeckwith 'Me too's' don't really help. If you are are on FTTC as I am guessing, 9Mb/s is laughable.

John