Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem today

tobykim
Grafter

Is there a problem today

First time I've seen a problem getting this now
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4494 kbps

usenet running at 1.3mbps when usually at 6.2 I'm on BBYW3 so it shouldn't be throttled at this time of day although it looks like it is, I've swapped gateways to see if that made a difference but no joy, was on pcl ag04 now on ptn ag2
Line stats are ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 16.0 db 9.0 db
Noise Margin 11.1 db 20.0 db

Update * seems to be coming back up now usenet running at 5.1mbps must have been a glitch somewhere
Further update it's completely stopped now maybe it's the cricket
4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Is there a problem today

My usenet has been all over the place today as well. I tried switching g/w's but it is worse on ag1 so switched again, getting about 128Kb at the mo when it should be higher, but there appears to be no pn bods about monitoring the service at the mo.
tobykim
Grafter

Well I'm glad it's not just me then, not that I wish the problem on you, but a problem shared etc..........
Switched gateway again and same problem maybe people are watching cricket or formula one
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Hi,
About 10:10am this morning we had a drop on one of our gateways (Plusnet 6 THN-AG1). That disconnected all customers on that pipe and most would have reconnected immediately to one of the other gateways so the network is pretty out of balance at the moment. Plusnet 6 is back up and taking sessions so I'd suggest disconnecting and reconnecting and trying to hit that gateway as it currently has over 400Mbps of spare bandwidth on it while most of the others are pretty busy at the moment. Cricket, Grand Prix qualifying and people catching up on Torchwood won't be helping any as betwen iPlayer and SkyPlayer there's over 1Gbps of traffic at the moment.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
tobykim
Grafter

Thanks for that I'll give it a try when I have my desktop on later