cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping constantly out

abbietrewin

Internet dropping constantly out

My internet has been constantly dropping out for the last few weeks. It is not just the wireless as it is happening with wired connections also.

The internet light on my router is constantly flashing.

It is happening over 20 times a day. It is getting to the point where it is impossible to work consistently as I need to do a lot of online work. I can't play any shows online without it dropping out. I connect to other computers via a terminal using ssh and am constantly dropping out of that too.

I have been trying to get help with this but am not getting anywhere with contacting plusnet for support?Huh

2 REPLIES 2
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Internet dropping constantly out

Hi @abbietrewin

Sorry to hear about problems with your connection. There is no fault on your line, I have tested your line and it is performing really good for ADSL connection, more than enough to stream. Your router is getting around 24Mbps Downstream, there are no errors on your line.

It is normal that internet light is flashing.

Can you tell us what is reason of drops on your SSH sessions? Is it coming back after some time with Connection Timed Out?

Here is graph of your connection:

abbietrewin

Re: Internet dropping constantly out

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me and looking into this. Apologies for the delay in replying.

I have tested the wifi and it seems to be really good all around.

The ssh will just hang. Eventually it seems like it is able to get a connection again and then resumes any typing that you have done. It very often struggles to sign in and drops the connection and states connection timed out.

I'm still getting problems with streaming and opening webpages. This is across multiple different machines and platforms and even with a wired connection. I have tested the wifi when this happens and it seems to be fine.

On my mac machines I have monitored the network using the activity monitor and it shows the data cycling up and down. Not sure if this is normal or not. 

I'd like to try replacing my router and filter to see if that helps. I have already added a new additional router hardwired to the Plusnet router to test the wifi with no improvement.

Abbie