cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down again……

fibreinternet
Grafter

Internet down again……

So Friday internet goes down, do the usual unplug cables, disconnect from the mains power leave form10 minutes and turn everything back on. Nothing, no connection and Wi-Fi strength of 1/2 bar even next to the modem. Plusnet apparently reset everything there end which does the trick… now Sunday night down or goes again, so I power everything off again and unplug and re plug, turn on and same as Friday, 3.5 hours later this is a joke.. either this is sorted or I’m going to youfibre.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Internet down again……

YouFibre  FTTP starts at £21.99/month for 24 months.  Why are you still here ?

In the mean time, try the Plusnet automated fault detection 'bot'

to check if there is an identifiable fault, or get it to reset your connection -

Troubleshoot by text.png

fibreinternet
Grafter

Yes I did that bot thing on Friday, then an an engineer and did something their end suddenly it worked, now it’s happened again and because of Easter break nobody is working. Turned everything off at wall and unplugged last night.
Rebooted all this morning and still nothing……
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Which Hub/router are you using, and what is the status of any lights?

John
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@fibreinternet  - This is a log of your connection @ http://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image17119715121193.png and I can see you had issues this morning but it looks like it's working now and the tests look fine. Is it working from your end now too? As we are dealing with an intermittent issue we need to be sure the router is connected on it's own to the master phone socket, is that how it's connected?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@fibreinternet wrote:
So Friday internet goes down, do the usual unplug cables, disconnect from the mains power leave form10 minutes and turn everything back on. Nothing, no connection and Wi-Fi strength of 1/2 bar even next to the modem. 

If the Wi-Fi signal is down that, to me, suggests a problem with the router.

Don't know if you are mainly using a phone, tablet or PC. But, if the latter, can you try using an Ethernet connection to the router rather than Wi-Fi? This would let you determine if the fault is with Wi-Fi or broadband.