Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection almost none existent

alaxton
Grafter

Internet connection almost none existent

Our internet connection has been a solid 70/20 in forever

today it is now running at 20/10

We have powered off the equipment, left it for five minutes and back on and its still the same.

Last time this happened an engineer was required and it was an external fault.

Could someone from Plusnet check it? I am unable to call at the moment. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Internet connection almost none existent

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

The above assumes you still have 'normal' landline connection - if you have a SOGEA (internet only) one, just use the second link to report a network issue.

John
alaxton
Grafter

Hi John

First issue, we don't own a phone. The line is solely used for the internet and has a pre-filtered faceplate from Openreach and only the modem is connected to it.

I will have to purchase a phone to do the line test. Funny how the issue started following the snow fall.

Once we have the phone we will perform the test, following that i guess it will be a call to Plusnet?

Thanks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

If you don't have a phone to test with, that is unfortunate, but not a major issue - just use the second link to report an issue.

John