cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICN21

sloany
Grafter

ICN21

i see BT are rolling out higher speed broadband over the next few years!
have a look here http://www.switchedonuk.org/home/
The website is a bit vague on how this will affect us speedwise and what hardware we may need to change.
can mods or PN give us any clues how this will affect us?
BT seem to be building this up to be a major event on the website.
Many of us already use telephone and broadband services each day. We share knowledge, shop, download movies and music or just say hello.
Getting switched-on means that many of us will soon be using a robust network with the ability to manage new types of data in the future. The new network will enable people to create, communicate and connect with one another like never before.
We’ll still be delivering all the services you depend on today, like the phone for making calls. But the new network will be based on flexible Internet Protocol technology, enabling an array of exciting new communications services in the future.

oh BTW my switch on date is july 2008, bet, it runs late and over budget  Grin
6 REPLIES 6
sloany
Grafter

Re: ICN21

Will
Grafter

Old news, but yeh, sam knows explains it all.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Just for info I was out in the car on bank holiday Monday and in the next village to mine I noticed two new ‘green cabinets’ have appeared alongside the road. The thing that caught my attention was the boxes are very deep and not the standard tall thin type. I take it these are the 21CN boxes?
If so then BT are really getting the old finger out in my area (wonders if 2012 is the spur).
Regards, P.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Cable companies also use green boxes!
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Cable! This is rural Dorset, we are lucky to have a pigeon to deliver mail and a chap with two flags to pass a message  ;).
No it’s not cable, that stops around Poole I think, unless someone has other information. BT would be my best guess (or it could be yet another huge sign going up that has a little sign under it saying ‘This sign is not working’). This was a ‘classic’ on the A35 at ‘Monkeys Jump’ roundabout and was still there a few weeks ago when I passed by.
Regards, P.
sloany
Grafter

I noticed two new ‘green cabinets’ have appeared alongside the road.

its probably a salt bunker which will never be used! lol