cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t seem to get the instaallation date agreed for broadband

gordonbyron

I can’t seem to get the instaallation date agreed for broadband

On the 28th of March I paid by direct debit for broadband, no phone, pointing out that the previous owner of my new home was a Plusnet user and thus there is no need to install a new line.

I spoke to someone called Spike who told me the service would be up and running for me on April 15 when we move into the new house. I have received a router through the mail and was told I simply have to plug it in.

I have since been given a series of later dates, and been told I have ordered a phone and that the router will not work on the original date I was given.

Is there a secret way to get what was agreed at the end of March or is Plusnet always like this?

I have a fat folder of barely intelligible emails and still no progress. What can I do?

The hhtp://help-plus.net line just takes you to their advertising.

I am writing this in desperation after having made many phone calls to the company with no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Re: I can’t seem to get the instaallation date agreed for broadband

I have since been given a series of later dates,

@gordonbyron its possible that the installation has been delayed due to Openreach engineer availability

however

and been told I have ordered a phone

That doesnt sound correct, Plusnet cannot provide a phone service for new orders , Openreach have had a 'stop-sell' on conventional phone service since September last year!

Hopefully one of the Plusnet staff will pick this up and find out what's happening with your order

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@gordonbyron Welcome to the forums.

If you have been sent the Hub, it would be reasonable to assume that your connection is reasonably imminent - these are usually sent out to arrive a couple of days prior to activation.

Are these 'later dates' You  in the form of emails, or phone conversations? AIUI - you can't 'order a phone' - new contracts, as far as I know, are 'broadband only'.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@gordonbyron 

Login to your PN Member's Portal and see if there are any Open questions under My Order.

Brian

gordonbyron

Thanks for your prompt reply. Will try that.

gordonbyron

Thanks for your prompt reply. What a good site.

gordonbyron

Thanks for replying. I have received emails and had phone conversations with various people. 

We’ll see what happens. Perhaps I’m making too much of a fuss but we want to use the internet straight away in order to have stuff sent to us, confirm times and so on as we set up the new place.

Thanks again for being helpful.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@gordonbyron 

If you're lucky a staff member will pick up on this and respond but don't hold your breath. It's a weekend after all.

Brian