Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub reboots

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Hub reboots

I'll leave the log to Dan, and hold off on reporting anything until he's had a chance to peruse the log.

John
grizedale
Grafter

Going to be 2 or 3 hours till i can respond.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 75

@grizedale 

without the need of a coffee I have viewed the log file and found many  (57 in total)

07:45:36, 09 Dec. System start Button press (PowerButton)
07:45:36, 09 Dec. System up

07:22:59, 09 Dec. System start Button press (PowerButton)
07:22:58, 09 Dec. System up

I have to ask but is anyone turning the Hub off using the power button and if so why? If is not deliberate it could be a dodgy power switch causing the Hub restarts. It's not unknown for these small power switches to go intermittent. A replacement Hub would be needed.

However you are getting DSL Link Down as well, which would be a broadband connection disconnect, this needs investigating, could be caused by noise on the landline.

If you have a NTE5c MK4 master socket with a filtered faceplate, it might worth using a inline filter connected to the test socket found behind the faceplate, it is not unknow for the seating of the faceplate and test socket to become flaky causing line noise.

Report a phone fault:- https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/#phone 

Report a broadband fault:- https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/ 

HTH

grizedale
Grafter

Re turning off, Yes I am, the hub will suddenly go to solid orange and remain there till its rebooted..

grizedale
Grafter

We have a 5C master socket with seperate wifi and phone sockets.

I have attached a copy of the latest log, I have been out for 5 hours so its been untouched for that long.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Solid Orange means the Hub is working but not connected to the internet, you are getting ERROR_NO_CARRIER messages which the Hub appears to be slow to recover from, I would expect this is the cause the solid orange light. There have been 8 ERROR_NO_CARRIER messages for today alone.

You landline might have periods of noise on it which could prevent the broadband connection from reconnecting, a wired phone would be handy to check for this

I would raise a broadband fault using the link I supplied previously, hopefully it will detect an error.

HTH

grizedale
Grafter

Thanks Dan

Is there nothing more can be done from your end then?  Since logging on this morn it's gone off approx every 5 minutes 5 times .  As you can imagine it's very frustrating.

Should I report a phone fault or a broadband fault do you think?

Any possibility I could be sent a new hub?  I've been with you many years and don't intend to leave anytime soon. 

grizedale
Grafter

jab1
Legend

@grizedale wrote:

Thanks Dan

Is there nothing more can be done from your end then?  Since logging on this morn it's gone off approx every 5 minutes 5 times .  As you can imagine it's very frustrating.

Should I report a phone fault or a broadband fault do you think?

Any possibility I could be sent a new hub?  I've been with you many years and don't intend to leave anytime soon. 

@grizedale Neither I or @Dan_the_Van are Plusnet staff - merely Community members who try to help others, and without trawling back, I seem to remember you were advised to report a broadband fault, which will now not have any action by Openreach until, possibly, Wednesday.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@grizedale 

As I mentioned before the Master Socket 5c faceplate can cause issue if not fully seated. If you have a in-line ADSL dongle filter try using that connected directly to the test socket behind the faceplate to see if that improves the situation.

Other than that I raise a fault.

HTH

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Getting a handset is probably going to be the quickest way of nailing this issue.  Without one, YOU cannot determine if you have a dial tone or the line is noisy.  Until such is eliminated, you are likely to go around in circles and not reach a quick resolution.

No dial tone or noise points to a copper circuit fault.

Good dial tone and a silent line points to a broadband fault.

Each has a different repair process and engineers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grizedale
Grafter

Thanks for all your help.

I reported the issue via text (what an efficient process), and there is a fault at the exchange which will be looked at Mon/Tues.

jab1
Legend

Cheers @grizedale - let us know the outcome, please.

John
grizedale
Grafter

Text message @ 15:10 today to say that they have fixed the issue. Thanks to all.
jab1
Legend

Does it appear fixed to you?

John