cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1 - Any Stats on it?

Innovations
Grafter

Hub 1 - Any Stats on it?

I'm in the process of watching my broadband speed disappear down an electronic toilet bowl. We need a new forum - PlusUltra Narrowband.

I know it's a waste of time but other people display all sorts of stats about router settings, bad packets, channels etc. I can't find anything on the Hub 1. All it says is I'm getting 19 Mbs. I'm actually getting 0.8, 18 inches away from the router. That router surely is wasted. It should be in the Conservative cabinet. Apart from that - virtually nothing to give a clue what is leading to such dreadful performance.

Can anybody tell me how you get stats out of a Hub 1?

6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Hub 1 - Any Stats on it?

I think a few more details would help, e.g.:

1. What "says" you're getting 19mbps?

2. What "says" you're getting 0.8mbps (or is it 0.8mBps?)

3. What equipment and software are you running that is 18 inches from the router and have you tried anything else or asked a visitor to?

PS I'm using a Hub 1 and it's connected at about 21mbps most of the time.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

As I said on another topic the stats can be found under the Troubleshooting->Helpdesk tab.
Innovations
Grafter

Thanks Browni

Data rate: 2000 / 19394
7. Maximum data rate: 4057 / 19305
8. Noise margin: 9.9 / 6.2
9. Line attenuation: 41.6 / 27.5
10. Signal attenuation: 29.7 / 22.7

This seems to be the main stuff. Does that look normal?

Innovations
Grafter

The router suggests it's 19 Mbps.

I use a laptop, mobile phone and tablet running the BT and the broadbandspeedchecker apps on WiFi. I haven't connected via ethernet because I know from a lifetime of tears that it is always the old flakey infrastructure that is the culprit.

The line doesn't like wet weather, but this is worse than normal.

I've just got 2 Mbps but the ping (often >1 sec) was only 38 msecs so I'm thinking it's noise.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Innovations A screenshot of the 'Advanced diagnostic' from the BT speed test, plus you full Help Desk - with username obscured - would be helpful.

John
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

" broadbandspeedchecker apps on WiFi. I haven't connected via ethernet because I know from a lifetime of tears that it is always the old flakey infrastructure that is the culprit."

So if you "know" why ask for help and just rule out one significant possibility without evidence? You really should (MUST) do an ethernet test to rule out any WiFi issues.

What does the Google Speed Test show on those different devices? What does a WiFi monitor such as inSSIDer show?