cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to email Tech Support?

hottroc
Grafter

How to email Tech Support?

I looked through the website but cannot find how to email the Tech Support dept? Anyone know the address? I tried support@plus.net but it just gives an automated reply about not being monitored. But I need to email them.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How to email Tech Support?

Hi there,
Depending on what the issue you're having may vary the way you contact us. We've never accepted email as a support mechanism, however we do have live chat and you can call for help too. The contact us section of the website gives details: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
However if you have a fault you can report this online to us at https://faults.plus.net and we'll pick it up from there.
Alternatively you can explain your issue on the forum and get help from the community.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hottroc
Grafter

Hi, thanks for your reply. I feel it is rather poor that you do not accept email as a support mechanism for your customers. There are times when it is the most suitable thing to do.
The live chat does not appear to be open all the time (like now...."Online chat is currently unavailable!") and the call option often requires in my experience so far, sitting on hold listening to music for some time, and also I want to put in writing my issue and receive in writing a reply.
I do not have a fault as such , rather an omission, and it is an issue that is a) very specific to me and b) would require the intervention from PlusNet staff to resolve, therefore the community option is not suitable.
Please reconsider this policy and gives us this option.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As Chris said, email has never ever been an option with Plusnet. You can still raise a ticket for certain issues if you can't get on Live Chat when it's open - see the "Plusnet Help Assistant Ask a Question" link in my sig. In case you aren't aware, tickets/questions are a written record on your account and are directly accessible for 12 months.
Live Chat can raise a ticket on your account where relevant, otherwise you have to save a transcript of the Chat at the time as there is no directly accessible record - very poor IMHO, and that can fail as it did with me on one occasion.
Otherwise if you want a written record you have to write, this from their complaints page -
If you prefer, you can make a complaint by writing to the address below. Make sure you include the account username, postcode and telephone number of the service you're complaining about.
Once we receive your letter we will respond within 10 working days. If you need a quicker response, please use one of the other methods mentioned above.
Plusnet plc
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU
hottroc
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
As Chris said, email has never ever been an option with Plusnet.........

Thanks also for the reply. Yes I understood from the first reply, and from previous attempts and research, that there were other methods, but IMHO none of them are what I needed and wanted and/or they were unsuitable and/or not available. I wanted to use email and I know other people who prefer to email than use alternative methods for this kind of thing.
I would hope PlusNet would review this in order to a)give their customers what they want or b)avoid their frustration trying to find alternatives to what they want. If they were adamant that this was impossible (which it isn't) then at least they should make the alternatives such as Live Chat open 24/7. That might help somewhat but I'd have thought would be more costly for them to implement than the email option.
Anotherone
Champion

In the past, the reason Plusnet have given for not using email is that it doesn't leave a permanent record on the account, and there are occasions on which emails can also go astray, nor are emails actually that secure. Whereas logging into ones account via an https connection is about as safe as you can reasonably get. Most of us regulars here have considered that to be perfectly reasonable and acceptable. What we haven't found reasonable and acceptable is the way Plusnet have made it difficult to access the ticket system as well as reducing the range of specific topics for which you can start a ticket.
I think it's fairly obvious that your problem requires discussion/disclosure of personal/private information/data which you do not wish to do on a public forum. So, as mentioned in my previous post use the "Plusnet Help Assistant Ask a Question" link in my sig. If your problem doesn't fall into one of the categories listed, click on Plusnet Code of Practise on the left hand menu, go to Contents item 3, click on the Link, then in section 1 under Help Assistant, click on the "click here" link.
hottroc
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
.....it doesn't leave a permanent record on the account, and there are occasions on which emails can also go astray,

But it means I have a permanent record, and can review it if I get the same problem occur again.
..... What we haven't found reasonable and acceptable is the way Plusnet have made it difficult to access the ticket system as well as reducing the range of specific topics for which you can start a ticket.
I think it's fairly obvious that your problem requires discussion/disclosure of personal/private information/data which you do not wish to do on a public forum.

Yes exactly to all of those points.
So, as mentioned in my previous post use the "Plusnet Help Assistant Ask a Question" link in my sig. If your problem doesn't fall into one of the categories listed, click on Plusnet Code of Practise on the left hand menu, go to Contents item 3, click on the Link, then in section 1 under Help Assistant, click on the "click here" link.

Oh that's a good pointer, many thanks. But at the time I was first looking I was trying to find help, whereas making a complaint is something different and not something I normally do lightly. I know from my first couple of weeks with PlusNet I must sound like an awkward customer but I assure you that in many years with MAAF it has been very rare for me to complain or even ask for help.
Anotherone
Champion

As far as permanent records go, the ticket is precisely that, but they are now archived after 12 months but are retrievable if needed. You can always print a copy of a ticket to a pdf file and so keep a copy.
You don't sound like an awkward customer at all. Plusnet have made a big mistake with restricting the ticket system. The idiots responsible just don't appreciate that one size does NOT fit all.
You may wish to add your own comments in this thread and this one.
If you start that ticket, you could then post the ticket number here and one of the CRT members could hopefully pick it up and deal with it for you.