cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up port forwarding with my voyager 105?

Skies

How do I set up port forwarding with my voyager 105?

Hi I am running xp and have a voyager 105, I am trying to find out how to set up port forwarding and am having no luck. There is no guide for this router on portforward.com so if anyone can help then I would be grateful.
I would use this mainly for utorrent and emule. I have raised a ticket but they are not giving me much help which is why I am asking you guys.
Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How do I set up port forwarding with my voyager 105?

This isn't a router, it's a modem - as such you don't need to forward any ports because it's your computer connecting directly (rather than a router making the connection and then forwarding the ports to your PC).
If the ports are not showing open with the tests on the options (as far as I know both emule and utorrent - I use both - have options to test whether the port is forwarded and also to open the ports in the windows firewall) then it is likely you have a third party firewall application that is blocking the ports.
Hope this helps,
Skies

Re: How do I set up port forwarding with my voyager 105?

Cheers, someone did reply to a ticket telling me it cant be done rather than just pasting a portforwing.com link to fob me off.
Both utorrent and emule tell me that the ports are blocked so I'll look into what else could be doing it.
Feel free to close this thread, delete it or whatever else.
Cheers again.