cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move/fibre

prw101

House move/fibre

Gave 2.5 weeks notice of a house move (both places on the same exchange) and agreed to go for fibre at the new house. Openreach engineer arrived on schedule to connect the line, but could find no record of any work to be done to connect the fibre broadband. And while fitting a new master socket he managed to disconnect the extension sockets....

24 hours on, there's no fibre and just an unreliable ADSL connection that drops every few hours, sometimes for only a few minutes, sometimes for hours. A message from Plusnet says

This is to confirm your order is in progress and we will confirm your activation date in the next 24-48 hours  these types of orders can fail on occasion. If this is the case and the broadband service is not active within this time frame please contact us so we can re-submit your order. This will then take a further 10 � 12 working days to complete. 

I'm not happy about this - the activation date was meant to be yesterday - and the intermittent ADSL service is dreadful. It's difficult to see how a simple house move on the same exchange can go wrong.

1 REPLY 1
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: House move/fibre

Hello @prw101 I am sorry about the ticket you have received from ourselves.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.