cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Can't connect to my own site

kavanaghclan
Hooked

Help - Can't connect to my own site

Since joining plusnet I keep getting intermittent issues when accessing certain sites. These are my own sites that I build and have been built for years. On my previous broadband provider, I had no issues.

The problem I get is reported as ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is the same for any device on our network. If I access via a 3G connection it works fine. See attachment.

This is a real pain as I need access to my sites constantly - anyone know how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
kavanaghclan
Hooked

Re: Help - Can't connect to my own site

I should add that this is the same on any browser on my PC, Ipad and phone aswell.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it sounds like safeguard might be causing an issue here. Can you try disabling that temporarily to see if that gives you access?

If it does you should then be able to to whitelist the sites in question.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kavanaghclan
Hooked

Thanks for the response Adam but I do not have SafeGuard activated on my line.

It's a pain - been blocked for over a day now. I kind of need to access my own sites. Not going to be with Plusnet long if this continues.

Just tried the LiveChat support and nobody is available, funnily enough there is on the sales

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

Could you run a traceroute to your site posting up the results here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kavanaghclan
Hooked

OK this trace of over the plusnet network - it still does not resolve.

kavanaghclan
Hooked

And this trace is immediately after (when I tether to my 3g connection) - the site now resolves.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kavanaghclan, so your trace router shows the request is leaving our network, so there isn't anything we can do as this would be out of our control I'm afraid.

Your 3g connection uses a different routing method, which is why this might work. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kavanaghclan
Hooked

Thanks for the pointers @LaurenB. It turned out that my IP had been blacklisted - all fixed now.

thanks.

Richard

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Richard,

Thank you for letting us know that this was due to your IP being blacklisted - I'm glad to hear that this is sorted now.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team