cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Customer Support all been sacked?

ancestor
Grafter

I posted a question when my download speed dropped to 10% of its normal value ( normal meaning for the last 2 years or more ). This was on Monday morning 13 Sept.
Excellent response, and very quickly Customer Support diagnosed noise on the line, though I made it clear that it was a very faint noise I could hear, they made a big deal of it. I was asked to get my phone provider to check things out, which they did and last night advised me that they were unable to detect excessive noise on my line. They asked that I request PN to check again and if they still find noise, to e mail their results to me so that i could pass them on (to the phone provider).
I added this information to my Question as feedback at 19.37 yesterday, 15 Sept. since when I have been completley ignored by Customer Support. I have sent two chasers during the day which have also been ignored.
Do you think I am angry? Bet your life I am. The least they could do is acknowledge my request.
I have been with PN for some years through ups and downs, so I would expect decent treatment. If they don't sort this out quickly now, then I'm off.
18 REPLIES 18
HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Have Customer Support all been sacked?

Worst thing you could do was tell your phone provider you had trouble with your broadband , all you'll get now off them is pass the buck.  i think you'll find the support on the forums way better than calling, from the members and from plusnet staff.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As far as I know adding chasers to a ticket puts it to the back of the queue
ancestor
Grafter

Thanks HaydnExport, but I have been here before. I can assure you that PN are amongst the best at passing the buck. You should see them when BT are involved! It was so bad two years ago that I thought perhaps they must share an office.
Thanks Oldjim. That sounds like a system designed by some idiot who has never worked in Customer Service in his/her life.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ancestor,
due to some intermittent connection it appears as though your profile has been lowered. The latest reported sync rate is looking much better so if it stays that way then it shouldn't be too long before it picks up.

I will escalate your question as it is now over 72 hours since the last update. I do apologise about that as there has been a backlog of late. Customer comments on questions don't move the ticket to the back of the queue.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Jojo
They weren't supposed to but the last time we asked the question we were told that the change to "not move them to the back" had been rolled back as it caused other problems.
Can you check please
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Lips_are_sealed
I am being good today JoJo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Lorenzo48
I am being good today JoJo

And what about tomorrow? and the next day? ... and the next? ...and the next?
Jojo Smiley
Lorenzo48
Grafter

You look too young to sound like my mum!  Wink
But I'll try...........
ancestor
Grafter

Thanks for your intervention Joanne. Thank goodness someone at Plusnet Towers is listening. I dread to think how much longer I would have had to wait without you.
I have just conducted a BT Speedtester test, with the following results:
Download speed    344
DSL Connection Rate      3296
IP Profile      3500
Upload Speed  356
How long do you think I should expect to wait to see some improvement in download speed please?
BTW glad to hear that adding further info/comments does not push questions to the end of the queue
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ancestor,
I'm just doing a line test now (takes 10-15mins) to see what the true ip profile is as the speed tester has been reporting incorrect results.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ancestor,
As far as the line check went your profile is still 135. I'll check it again before I go home tonight, and if no joy I'll keep checking it out over the weekend from home (I'm good like that!) and if it lifts I will pick up the PN profile.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As HaydnExport said, telling your phone provider you were having trouble with the broadband was a serious mistake!
Have you checked if there is background noise on the line if you try from the test socket inside the master socket without the filter (or router attached)? The best way to test is by dialling 17070 and using the quiet line test (option 2) - you should hear nothing. If there is background noise test again using a different handset - wired is better than cordless as some cordless phones generate noise themselves.
If there is noise on the line raise that with your phone provider and DO NOT MENTION BROADBAND. If they raise the subject tell them that's nothing to do with it, the noise is present when the router is unplugged.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ancestor,
Just ran another line test and the ip profile still not lifted. The sync rate has increased to 4072 so if it stays like that you should get a profile of 3500.
I'll still keep checking though.
Jojo Smiley
ancestor
Grafter

Thanks for your interest Jelv. Unfortunately my telephone socket is the old type which only has a single socket on the front, with no removable panel, so I can't run  a master socket test. I tried the 17070 quiet line test several times both with and without other items plugged in. I only have a cordless phone and this usually emits a faint buzz. There was a definite crackle on 13 Sept. but this had gone by 14th and has not returned since.
I have some past experience of line problems. Acouple of years back I had serious noise on the line and crossed lines with my neighbour. I was with BT telephone then, so got good service, but others around me who were with other providers were shut off for days as BT dug up the street and laid new cables. I never lost my phone throughout, even though  was my problem they were fixing.