Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Full Fibre FTTP delayed again?

@FlossyThePig wrote:

Just got off the phone to PN Support. Taken the plunge and ordered an upgrade to FTTP with provisional installation date of 24th June. Now I need to order an ATA for VOIP, some more ethernet cables and work out how to change the wifi settings on some of my devices.

I assume your current phone number wasn't / isn't needed.

You can change your new router to match your current SSID and password so nothing else needs to be changed.

Brian

FlossyThePig
Rising Star

@dvorak wrote:
I can recommend the Grandstream 812 Smiley

That is what I had in mind.

I retired at the end of March and my colleagues were very generous with an Amazon token so I'll use some of it to get my FTTP connection working the way I want it.

FlossyThePig
Rising Star

@bmc wrote:

@FlossyThePig wrote:

Just got off the phone to PN Support. Taken the plunge and ordered an upgrade to FTTP with provisional installation date of 24th June. Now I need to order an ATA for VOIP, some more ethernet cables and work out how to change the wifi settings on some of my devices.

I assume your current phone number wasn't / isn't needed.

You can change your new router to match your current SSID and password so nothing else needs to be changed.

Brian

If all goes well I should be able to port the old number to Sipgate once I've registered and it's closer to FTTP installation date.

I assume changing the SSID and password on the new Hub 2 is as easy as it is on the Hub 1.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@FlossyThePig 

NO !!!!!!!

As I understand things you cannot port your number without without closing your account - which will cancel you FTTP installation.

Closing your account will also result in the loss of PlusNet emails if you use them.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If all goes well I should be able to port the old number to Sipgate once I've registered and it's closer to FTTP installation date.

@FlossyThePig I don't think that's going to work. Upgrading to fttp will cease the landline. A number must be active to be able to be ported. If you try and port before the fttp install then the port will cease the landline and close the existing plusnet account thus preventing the fttp upgrade OR the port will get cancelled due the the future cease placed by the fttp order.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@FlossyThePig  I hope you have seen the warnings from @bmc and @MisterW  that you will not be able to port your phone number to VOIP if you upgrade your FTTC service to Plusnet FTTP.

You need to cancel any order you have placed and wait until a new FTTP only account can be ordered.

See this thread where Gandalf explains the problem. FTTP-and-Residential-number-porting