cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedly problem?

paul_edwin
Grafter

Feedly problem?

I've had a problem logging in to Feedly over my Plusnet connection for the last couple of days, both via the Android app and browser (mobile and desktop). The browser dev tools show some 403 errors coming back from CloudFlare for requests to Feedly's API, but there are no incidents reported at either Feedly or CloudFlare's status pages.

When I try to connect to feedly.com in the desktop browser, I get CloudFlare's "Verify you are human" page, then Feedly's introduction page loads successfully, lets me login (via Google OAuth), then redirects to feedly.com but fails to load.

CloudFlare's speed test doesn't show any issues with my connection, but I don't know if that's a useful indication of anything.

If I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and let it use mobile data, Feedly works straight away as expected.

Anybody else seeing similar? Any steps for troubleshooting?

5 REPLIES 5
paul_edwin
Grafter

Re: Feedly problem?

… and this morning, it Just Works™

🤷‍♂️

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

One guess is that they where blocking your IP address for some reason. Today, either your IP address has changed, or they've unblocked it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul_edwin
Grafter

Hmmm, maybe. My IP address hasn't changed, though but.

I'd have expected blocking to be more obvious in the errors on the requests to api.feedly.com. The response headers on the requests to api.feedly.com that were giving a 403 error seemed to indicate that it was a CORS problem from CloudFlare.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

Totally agree.  That was the only thing I could think of though.  The 403 Forbidden errors being given out because it didn't like your IP.  If it's not that (and by the sound of it even if it was that) then it seems to be an issue on their end.  Sorry I couldn't be of more use, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul_edwin
Grafter

Thanks for thinking about it, anyway 😁