Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fantastically slow broadband 320 kbps

BiAndSpy
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Fantastically slow broadband 320 kbps

My broadband has been on and off today with very slow speeds of 320 kbps downstream (should be 5 to 7 Mbps) and 448 kbps upstream (expected). I tried the trouble shooter to report this but that said basically that as the router was working I cant have a problem and no line testing etc will be done. 

Can someone at Plusnet please reset the line because this sort of thing has happened before and the line does not get automatically reset until I have nagged Plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
BiAndSpy
Grafter

Re: Fantastically slow broadband 320 kbps

I have just run the troubleshooter for a second time as it was not flexible enough to be able to report that I get both flashing lights and static lights when it keeps dropping and the troubleshooter says that the router is OK so it must be my wiring. I have been through this many times with Plusnet in the past and they usually send an engineer who then replaces the master socket and says the same each time that the speed from the exchange to the house is below what I should get and it is NOT my internal wiring.

BiAndSpy
Grafter

My internet is now working after 3 days with no access. I have not heard from Plusnet what the cause of this was which is disappointing.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Sorry about the delayed response on here

Testing your line is showing your router in sync at 5888kbps and the BRAS profile is aligned correctly at 5000kbps. I can see where your connection was choppy towards the end of last week/beginning of this week:

The tests I've completed aren't identifying the cause of that or any problems at the moment.

I could reset your line but I'm not convinced it'll help with the speed issues you're having.

Can you run a BT speedtest for me please at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection, completing the further diagnostics? This will store the result on the supplier system.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BiAndSpy
Grafter

Thank you Anoush,

I have run the BT test but when I run the further diagnostics I get an error 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@BiAndSpy wrote:
I have run the BT test but when I run the further diagnostics I get an error 

The speed BT speed test has been reporting this error for some time!!!   The better news is that despite flagging an error, the test has in fact completed and stored the result so that BT and Plusnet can use the results to move things on for you.

@Gandalf  is on holiday for a week, but one ofthe other staff members should pick up on this topic.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.