Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic upstream SNR that causes disconnects

FIXED
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Erratic upstream SNR that causes disconnects

This is an odd one. My upstream SNR goes crazy until it drops to zero then disconnects. I've had engineers out twice (same bloke each time) who can't find anything wrong. However yesterday I noticed if I did a quiet line test the SNR returned to normal and remained steady for an hour or so before starting to drop and become erratic again. I have shown the engineer the graphs but he shows no interest. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Erratic upstream SNR that causes disconnects

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing connection problems.

From looking at your graph there definitely does seem to be a problem somewhere.

I've got another engineer visit booked in for tomorrow afternoon for you, escalating this with our suppliers to team leader level requesting that the engineer carries out a lift & shift at the exchange as well as other quality gates like renewing the drop wire, and changing the D & E side.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
glloyd
Rising Star

The engineer has been and he went down to the exchange to carry out the lift and shift but they won't allow a lift and shift because I'm using a third party router i.e. Billion Bipac 7800DXL instead of a PlusNet supplied router. That is ridiculous I've not used a plusnet supplied router for years always opting for a far superior router. Now they want me to use a plusnet router (which I don't have) to see if it makes any difference. What router I am using  has nothing to do with the SNR becoming stable after a quiet line test or plusnet line test.

This has got me really angry now. I've been with PlusNet for 15 years this month and never used a PlusNet supplied router.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this wasn't carried out.

We've passed this back for further investigation and we'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Did they do the lift and shift later because I don't think they did? The normally phone to say the service will be down. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi @glloyd

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your service.

I'm afraid Openreach have not completed the lift and shift therefore, I have updated your fault ticket with the next update which you can access here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional