cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dsl red light. Authentification fail.

Rlanghorn

Dsl red light. Authentification fail.

About 1pm today while streaming Netflix my internet dropped connection and failed to reconnect.

After hours on the phone to tech support they failed to find the problem and raised it for investigation. I was told I would hear on Wednesday after 5pm whats wrong and then they would contact an engineer if necessary.

After hours of my own investigation and trawling through logs on my Router I found it to be an Authentication problem, for whatever reason Plusnet (Or BT) do not recognise my login name and password and are returning it as Failed, wrong user name or password, PPPoE authentication failed to connect.

As per https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Broadband-Faults-Guide-Authentication-Auth/ba-p/1322781 id appreciate it if someone at Plusnet can help me and get this fastrack fixed for me. I am a university student and cannot afford 12 hours without the internet let alone the possible 5+ days.

Kind regards
Ross
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Dsl red light. Authentification fail.

Hi Ross,

A warm welcome to the forums. Have you by any chance changed your account password? If you have you need to also change the password in the router's internet connection settings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rlanghorn

Hi, no ive not. Got off the phone to tech support again, something somewhere on plusnet or BTs side has messed up bigtime. The faults department are investigating
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the DSL light is red, this normally suggest a problem with the sync rather than authentication. However checking your line is showing an ongoing connection at the moment. Are you still experiencing the same issues?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.