cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download/upload emphasis

M4lcul

Download/upload emphasis

Having  enjoyed my Plusnet unlimited download broadband for some time, I have discovered more uses for the greater download freedom. As I learn more about the increasing possibilities of internet use, I become more aware of the need for faster upload speeds. Cloud computing is no real use if you are waiting a long time for uploads to complete (as you would be in the backing up scenario). I have seen talk of upload speeds being 'uncapped', is this something available on request, is it part of a different type of service or is it an upgrade at a higher cost? I understand fibre broadband provides for greater upload speeds, but that does not appear to be an option in my area. I wonder if someone could enlighten me about the possibilities open to a "cloud computing explorer".
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Download/upload emphasis

Uncapped upload will increase the upload sync speed from about 448kbps to about twice that but that is the limit on a domestic account
If you check your router stats you can see if you are capped
Moved to Broadband and Routers board
M4lcul

Thank you for such a prompt reply. I'm afraid I don't know how to check my router stats, or quite what to look for. If you don't mind explaining ...? I know how to access my router pages, but not where to look or what for.
OK, I've engaged brain, looked into my router and seen Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 22.626
I guess I have a normal upload speed close to what you mentioned (448) so it would seem I am 'capped'. How do I become uncapped?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Either raise a ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22883&wizard_id=38 or better still wait for it to be picked up here
And you should get speeds in excess of 1.000kbps
M4lcul

Thank you,
I don't know how to raise a ticket yet, so I'll "wait for it to be picked up here"
By the way, I'm impressed with the speed of help on here! Thanks again.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just click on the link in my post above and ask for the upload to be uncapped
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see we've picked your ticket up and placed the order for you.