cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed much slower than sync speed

PaulHP17

Download speed much slower than sync speed

Hi all

After much grief with Openreach after a lightning strike I've finally got a stable connection again. However.....

Before the strike I was getting 60-62Mbps download, I'm now getting 45-52 on both wired and wifi connections . According to the BTW tester my line should be running at 68-69, and according to my Hub2 I'm synced at 62.

Weirdly, upload has stayed constant right through at about 15Mbps, and this is in line with the BTW result.

(Asus XT8 mesh in access point mode, Hub2 as router with wifi off. Same results +/- not much if I use a Vigor 166 as the router)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Download speed much slower than sync speed

@PaulHP17 Welcome to the forums. Staff response on here is very slow so:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John