Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions on changes to Terms and Conditions

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Discussions on changes to Terms and Conditions

Thomas: If I had to guess I'd say the singing from the roof-tops will be on 22nd October.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Quote from: ITWorks
How does the change in T an C affect customers who currently have a contact and receive a monthly discount ?

Hi Mike,
Deferred contracts would apply and we wouldn't expect the customer to buy out the remainder of their contract outside of the notice period.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Not sure i put that the best i could Smiley  , what i meant to say was, will customers that currently  receive a monthly discount continue to receive the discount  after the new T and C are brought in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Yes, the scheduled discounts will remain in place.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

that was a lighting fast reply James

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: Crucibleofevil
Well not until 22nd October (possibly).
(Snipped)
Nowhere is there any non-mutable info that says Plusnet have withdrawn their 18 month contracts. Smiley
Actually, they try to avoid any mention of broadband at all.
I think a lot of people will miss that and think they are still locked in to PN.
A web page can be re-written / deleted at anytime.

Surely it's clear in one of the links you quoted?
http://www.plus.net/go.html/faq_bb
"Previously we had 18 month contracts on our 'Value’ and 'Unlimited' products which meant that if you left before the 18 month contract ended, you would have been liable to pay an early termination charge which was calculated as any outstanding subscription charges until the contract end date
We have now changed our policy so that there are no early termination charges, but if you leave Plusnet in your first 12 months after receiving a free set-up, router or house move, .........."
Sure, a web page can be re-written anytime. But has anyone ever had a paper contract with an ISP?  Smiley
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Jameseh
Yes, the scheduled discounts will remain in place.

So james does that mean that if I currently get the 3pound discount, I can still leave giving 10days notice?? or will I have some deferred payments.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am not a home at this moment, but I did manage to ind a legal type of terms and condition before and took a print  out, must be there somewhere but cant find it
James
Grafter

Penfold - Yes.  The only charges outside of the 10 day notice period would be deferred activation, house move, hardware or cessation.
You would not have to buy out the remainder of your contract.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Will we get a chance to renew our £3 discount arrangement when the current 12-month contract runs out?
James
Grafter

I'd say that it's unlikely as there will be no tie in period.
That's not to say that there won't be any special offers though.
Santiago
Grafter

A link to this article has just been posted on Twitter by @plusnet
It doesn't seem to reflect the discussion in this thread at all.
Top 10 Compare Article
Broadband provider Plusnet has reduced the length of its contract terms to allow customers greater flexibility when subscribing to its award wining broadband packages.
As of today, the minimum contract term for Britons signing up to the firm’s broadband deals has fallen from 18 to 12 months. The revised terms apply on the company’s Value and Unlimited home broadband offerings.
Those who choose the entry-level Value package, which is lowest priced deal in the UK in terms of annual cost, benefit from an 8Mb connection speed, a monthly download limit of 10Mb and a free wireless router. This is priced at £5.99 per month for the first three months and £11.99 thereafter.
Meanwhile, the Unlimited deal also offers an 8MB broadband connection and a free wireless broadband router but features no monthly download limit and adds a static IP address. Price points for the Unlimited package are £11.99 for the first three months and £19.99 a month for the remainder of the contract term.
Customers for either deal can choose to add Plusnet’s Talk home phone add-ons for an extra charge. The Talk Evening and Weekend option offers free calls to fellow Plusnet home phone customers and free evening and weekend calls to landlines. A 25 per cent discount on calls to UK mobiles and 300 anytime minutes to 20 international destinations are also included.
Alternatively, the Talk Anytime add-on offers the same money-saving features as detailed above, but allows customers to make UK toll-free landline calls at anytime instead of just in the evenings and weekends.
Both the Value and Unlimited products feature 24/7 customer support. Plusnet has shone for some time in this facet of its business and has garnered a slew of awards for its aftercare.
Jessica McArdle, marketing manager of Top 10 Broadband, said: “Plusnet’s excellent broadband products have long been recognised for their keen pricing and brilliant service – something that was highlighted by the company scooping Top10’s Best Value Home Broadband award at our ceremony last night.
“The introduction of 12 month contracts is a positive move that ought to prompt consumers who might not have considered Plusnet before to switch their custom to this outstanding internet service provider.”

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Could PlusNet clarify which of these threads represents the facts.
Is the notice period reducing to 10 Days with NO PENALTIES from 22 October?
mapletree
Grafter

The Value package has a 10GB/month limit, not 10Mb/month  Roll_eyes
The "Unlimited" package increases to £15.99 in Market 3 exchanges.
James
Grafter

I'm sure I've said exactly that many times, WN.
Monthly contract. Deferred charges. 10 days.
Journalists!