Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion on Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Discussion on Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support

This topic is for discussion of the announcement Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support
Much improved - only takes 2 clicks from Help Assistant to opening a ticket
Couple of niggles
First is down to the default colour scheme - grey on grey for the instructions is not good for the visually impaired (see the guidelines for disability access) - see first screen shot
Second can the text for raise a ticket be made a bit larger - see second screen shot
22 REPLIES 22
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support

At the foot of the page there are links for "Known service problems:". Currently it shows email (plus View all).
If you click on the email link it shows the latest postings as linked from the main service status page. The latest posting in here currently is "Problems forwarding emails from uk2.net addresses (54348) - RESOLVED" with the posting for "Blacklisting/Whitelisting problems (54419) - NEW" (which is why email is amber) being below it.
As the link is "Known service problems" I wonder if it should either show only the current problems, or if it shows them all to show the current problems first?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Discussion on Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support

From Here  entered "Speed checker" into the search box - which took me here   and requested me to put in a new search Crazy
This got me the expected 61 results.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Re: Discussion on Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support

If the 'Help' screen is not viewed in Full Screen mode, the size of the comments box partially obscures the 'Suggestions' which appear below the comments box.
I nearly missed the first set?
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

MauriceC:  You talking about the suggestions being "below the fold" of the page?  If so, we are looking at ways of presenting this better to avoid that, but it's often unavoidable based on the variable size of text above in the current layout.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Yup!   Not really below the fold, just a tad out of sight if the Window starts off minimised.   If the Window is full screen, then you can see sufficient of the list of suggestions to encourage you to scroll.  Perhaps a smaller comment box (with scrolling allowed) would achieve a more reasonable result for most users?
Not really a biggie complaint, but given that these recent changes have moved the whole ticket process on a stage, any small changes to make it even more effective will be good. Wink
Maurice

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have just been trying to raise a ticket re the home phone charges being incorrectly applied, nowhere could I find out how to Angry
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Well I tried  http://help.plus.net/, ; then and selected "Phone calls (Home phone and VOIP)  which took me here
You have the option to directly raise a ticket on the  right hand side?  Or you can select Home Phone and go one more step down the path before raising a ticket?
Much improved access to the "Raise a Ticket"  IMHO.
M

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont know if you have a different web to me I am an old free-online user and when I click on Help and support, I get the fist one below, no mention of ticket or a combined home and VOIP section
click on Home Phone and it gave the second, again no sign of raise a ticket.  Looked at bothe threads, dont see anywhere in the first that said use search, especially as home phone has got a link on the front help page.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

This topic is called "Discussion on Help Assistant - making it easier to find online help and support" which might give you clue what you should click after Help & Support!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats true, do I assume that this misleading front page will disappear in January?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Pierre, it's not deliberately intended to be misleading - we hope that people will check the links to find the information they need without having to raise a support request, that's why the help and support pages are shown first.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats why I popped up Mat,  follow  the links on the front page and you get nowhere, got to the obscure help assistant and you get the answer you want.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

No comment!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I will comment.  On that picture it says if you are stuck and dont now where to turn.  but by the time you have clicked on one of the obvious links that goes away never to return.  Not much help to a beginner or even an experienced user with a new problem, would they turn to that link, I think not