cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected when playing FIFA 18

pettsinator

Disconnected when playing FIFA 18

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. Just spent nearly 40 minutes just now staring at my screen on Online Chat with a customer service representative. I received about 4 replies during that period and waited 10 minutes between each for my trouble. Very frustrating and slow.

Anyway - I have a Plusnet Hub One router. From this I've attached a TP Model TL - PA4010 Powerlink Adaptor.

My issue is that I keep getting disconnected whilst playing a few online games on my XBOX One, mainly Fifa 18, Destiny 2 and Pubg.

I've tried the following: 

- WiFi (With the XBOX in the same room)

- Wired direct to the router

- Wired via the TP Link Adaptor.

I've seen the same disconnects using all three methods. It only seems to be my XBOX though that has this problem. My phone and Smart TV are fine.

The question is then (and the one I posed to the customer service rep) is there anything I can do in the router setting to help this issue? I've seen things online about opening Ports and Port Forwarding and UPNP but honestly I just wanted to know if anyone has had the same issue and what they've done.

I'd appreciate any assistance any one has.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disconnected when playing FIFA 18

Hi there, 

I've checked your connection to be on the safe side and yes that does appear to be stable and line tests are passing fine. 

Port forwarding would likely be your best way forward. The information in this post might help https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Port-Forwarding/td-p/1403995

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team