Re: Constant drops

Yup!😀

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Darren8282, I've just added an update to your ticket advising of the next steps and I've included an up to date set of connection logs for the past 7 days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Darren8282
Grafter

Thanks seen it. It's just went off three times in 5 minutes it's absolutely broken altogether since last visit by engineer who replaced something up telephone pole.

I'm a calm person but not gonna lie this is starting to get me really mad.

I clearly stated to the engineers last time that there has to be a fault between cable from home to connection point or fault in the box between connection point and exchange.

They didn't check any of the cabling for physical issues, didn't check box between connection point and exchange. Then when mentioning cabling he says " that's the newer type cable it's good ". Blatant lie as the cable is original that was put up more than thirty years ago.

One thing I dont like is lies and these clowns are lying to me and your company also and getting paid for it. Simply unacceptable. It's lucky that you guys have been so good as a team pushing this.
Darren8282
Grafter

Just update had call from great guy in doncaster. He is pretty sure it's line in fault and is booking job to replace everything for next Monday. Just wanted to thank people in forum who helped and also the fantastic customer service team of plus et who are simply superb. Cheers 👍
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's really good to see, the notes on your account show me that we're following the right process to get a senior engineer assigned to the job for you so I hope that gets things resolved and please reach out again if there's anything else I can do for you. - Adam - Plusnet Sheffield

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Darren8282 Keep us informed after next Monday - I'd love to the results.

John
Darren8282
Grafter

Certainly will do John for sure. And thanks for help.
Darren8282
Grafter

Cheers Adam 👍
Darren8282
Grafter

Update - Engineer arrived today not sure why as meant to be next Monday but I'm thankful.

He done every test possible and scanned all the wires. He found a small bit of rotten copper just as wire was exciting house which he snipped. Then found fault 100m away so went straight up pole at end of street. He pulled the wire slightly and it snapped it was rotted at the pole.

He wasn't happy that other engineers had not bothered to check any of it but he was very pleased to find the route cause of the fault. He came back we ran multiple tests together, rsng phone numerous times. Zero drops, speed perfect, very few packet losses just standard. Latency nice and low and no noise on line. So touch wood this is finally fixed.

Thanks to everyone involved.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry that the engineer came earlier than expected, but I'm glad to see their efforts here! If you'd like to pass your thanks onto the engineer, I'd recommend filling out the form Here as I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback! 

If there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to let us know. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Darren8282
Grafter

I spoke to soon it's just went off again. I genuinely can't believe it I was super confident he had fully fixed it. Gutted.

Update - second disconnect. Man can't believe this.
Darren8282
Grafter

Last two faults below

11:19:31, 01 Jun.WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
11:19:30, 01 Jun.DSL Link Down: duration was 3674 seconds

11:33:59, 01 Jun.WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
11:33:58, 01 Jun.DSL Link Down: duration was 838 seconds
Darren8282
Grafter

Run tests on Newcastle based server all afternoon.

Ping down - 443
Ping Up - 2523

Jitter on download - 81 - Low of 36 high of 1409.

Jitter on upload - 111 - Low of 272 high of 3497.

Packet loss 10.2

Download 31.3 upload 0.98

Absolute incredible stats it feels more broken after each visit.

The request from escalation team was to fit new drop cable so why didn't the engineer just fit it as requested regardless of what he thinks. Maybe that is the cause.

Becoming a joke now I literally can't do anything and internet is my lifeline with being house bound for 90 percent of the time.

Absolutely fed up and down about all this.