cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection constantly dropping/lagging

Tikobear

Connection constantly dropping/lagging

For the last couple of months, my connection keeps dropping or we get extremely lagging connection.
I was reassured by a member of staff that having numerous devices connected, using at the same time would not be an issue, however these last few month, alot of the time we cannot have more than one device on at a time as it will cause the others to lag.
Member of staff trouble shooted a couple of times and said yes it was dropping but it shouldn't happen again, yet it is still happening and now had enough, especially as the money I pay for it, yet not receiving the service I should be.
Not happy!  Embarrassed
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Connection constantly dropping/lagging

We're not seeing many drops in connection to us

Are the majority of devices connected over wireless?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I was reassured by a member of staff that having numerous devices connected, using at the same time would not be an issue, however these last few month, alot of the time we cannot have more than one device on at a time as it will cause the others to lag.

Hi there,
The statement above really depends on what the devices are using online. As your speed isn't the fastest (around 5.5Mb/s) that can easily be taken by 1 person watching a HD stream. Unfortunately there isn't a huge amount we can do as your exchange is only 20CN enabled, meaning that the fastest speeds we can give you are around 7Mb/s.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zimboy69
Dabbler

since xmas
Im getting the same  but  for  2 hours from 6:30  to 9:00 pm
Ive done speed tests  and  all my ping and downloads appears normal  ie  20 m/s ping and  16 megs download
but its so bad  i cant play a game for these two hour
i probably have a 2/3 sec from my input  to what  happens on the screen
thinking it was server issues  ive not contacted  plusnet but  so far    about 30  games all appear  to be having these server issues
and all fix at  9 pm
its also so bad even youtube needs to buffer  but according to the  speed test im still getting 16megs

i did  a test with one  check which came back with a  download speed of 0.1 megs (i wish i could remember  what it was  ) which  is what i suspect  my true download speed is  for these two hours
I would report it  but  by the time i ring up  and  get through  and tell them my speed checks all look normal  what else  can i Say but i am having huge lag spikes
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@zimboy69
Sorry to hear your having issues.
From what I can see there's a few settings on your line which may not be helping your connection in the evening.
I've carried out some work which should improve things and hopefully you should have no issue.
Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team