cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection constantly dropping after yesterday's Plusnet outage.

Azagoth
Grafter

Connection constantly dropping after yesterday's Plusnet outage.

As per title.  Ever since Plusnet had the major outage yesterday my connection keeps on dropping and then reconnecting.

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Connection constantly dropping after yesterday's Plusnet outage.

@Azagoth 

This will probably be unconnected with last night's DNS problem. Report a fault:  https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/#broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

That would be totally unrelated issue then.  The issue last night was with DNS would wouldn't affect your physical connection in anyway.  You would need to raise a fault if your line is dropping at https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/#broadbandhttps://faults.plus.net

Edit: @Baldrick1 types faster than me!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@Azagoth  Sorry to hear you are having the intermittent connection. Please can you pop me over your username via PM if you are still having the issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Azagoth
Grafter

@Baldrick1 I tried reporting a fault via that portal some months ago, and to this day I still haven't received anything back.  And to be completely honest, I'm still failing to see how texting HELP to a number from my Vodafone mobile will allow Plusnet to run a check on my BT landline that is the conduit for my internet.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Azagoth 

Presumably you have sent a PM to @willcutforth as requested?

I do not know how Plusnet work this but assuming that your Vodaphone mobile number is registered against your Plusnet contract contact details then there is a link there.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Azagoth
Grafter

No, my mobile number is not registered or linked to Plusnet in any shape or form.  Which is why I cannot understand how texting them from it can help. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Azagoth Sending a PM on the forum is nothing to do with a text from a mobile phone, it would allow @willcutforth to identify your account and investigate the problem.

Click on Will's name in his recent post, then on the right hand side of the page look for Contact Me, below that "Send Private Message"

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

It used to text HELP followed by the landline number to 07800008121.

Now that PN have Full Fibre & SOGEA customers that do not have landline numbers, the process appears to have changed.

I guess that after a customer text's HELP, PN reply asking for an identifier, maybe the account name or the landline number?

Azagoth
Grafter

This has got worse now. My internet is unusable as it's now dropping every 1 or 2 minutes. Makes me wonder why I'm paying for this service when you're not supplying it and there appears to be no way to actually report a fault

Not to mention that there's no 24hr customer support for those of us who work all day (I do 1000-2200) and are not able to sit at home all day messing around with the router.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

@Azagoth 

You could try using https://faults.plus.net 

Did you ever Personal Message @willcutforth as requested?

Azagoth
Grafter

Yes I did, I messaged him straight after he asked.  

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

Hopefully he raised a fault ticket question for your issue which can viewed in the members centre.

If not I would raise one using the link provided, don't be tempted to raise a second question as this will confusion the process.

Azagoth
Grafter

This is getting beyond a joke now, the line has been good for a week or so at 1MB and then the moment it rains it starts to constantly drop and reconnect again. Bit of a coincidence that this fault only occurs either when it's raining or right after it's been raining.

My connection is pretty much unusable tonight so can't do anything that requires the internet, which is pretty much everything these days. it's dropping multiple times a minute and it's constant. And once again it's happened right before I'm going away for work and straight after you've taken payment for the service I'm not receiving.

I've been with Plusnet for 16 odd years now, and this company has seriously gone downhill in the time I've been here. The sooner I'm away from this company the better.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Azagoth Really sorry that there's a problem with disconnections at the moment, it does sound like there might be an issue with cable joint from what you've mentioned. 

Cheers for reporting that with us last night and we'll get back to you with an update soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team