cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected, but not really connected.

LauraM

Connected, but not really connected.

I'm sorry to do this because it's a question that I know has already been answered.
This seems to have popped up a few times - I wonder why it seems to be a common issue and hasn't been resolved considering one of the posts I found was from about 4 years ago - but the answers are either too technical for me to understand or someone from Plusnet just seems to pick it up and fixes the problem, so I thought I would give it a try.
All our devices tell us we are connected but we just constantly get sent to the homepage and can't access or do anything else. We're all set up, we've had the confirmation and it has passed the set up date but nothing doing. We're just going around in circles. We've tried what it says in the book as best we can but it doesn't seem to address any actual issues, just tells you to check that you've flicked the switch on your device to turn on the wifi (?!). Also the help page has all of the left hand side cut off so I can't read it. Don't know if that's just my device though.
So does anyone know what we've got to do, in simple terms for my simple self? Or can anyone resolve this please?
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Connected, but not really connected.

If using Windows call up COMMAND prompt via RUN (or right click Start Icon) and enter ipconfig /flushdns; does it help?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@LauraM

Welcome to the forums.

In simple terms, phone Plusnet and get the support staff to talk you through the issue. It will probably be faster to solve that way.

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)

7.30am - 10pm, every day

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LauraM

No we just have android phones and tablets and my partner has a Mac laptop, but thank you anyway.
LauraM

I was afraid that was going to be the only way. We have tried calling but just end up on hold for ages so I thought I would try here. Thanks, I guess we'll just call them later and wait to get through then.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Try altering dns settings on router away from the default P N ones to googles:
If router doesn't allow this (eg PN's HubOne) try altering dns settings on one device to see if
it fixes.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @LauraM

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

I'm unable to find your account from your forum details you've entered on signup.

Drop me a private message with your username and I'll take a look.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LauraM

My partner just ended calling up again today.
Turns out there was nothing we could have done, it simply hadn't been connected in spite of his receiving a message to the contrary.
Although they did change the billing date without his having to ask, which I suppose is something.
Thanks for the help anyway everyone!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems.

Feel free to message me your username if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet