Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect To PlusNet Verified - But Internet Loss

FIXED
bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Connect To PlusNet Verified - But Internet Loss

Hi

Since Sunday I have found that after a period of time we lose the Internet. A reboot of the router brings the Internet back. However, after having to do this 3 times, I decided to investigate a bit more on the 4th time. On investigation, I find that the router is still connected to PlusNet with an IP address. My connect light is also valid, i.e. connected to the service. However, we have no Internet. If I discount from the internet and reconnect to the internet all good with a new IP Address. 

Can you suggest anything, please?

3 REPLIES 3
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Connect To PlusNet Verified - But Internet Loss

Hi @bigjohnuk , thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your connection issues.

We've run testing on your line and aren't detecting an issue, and so we're going to need to do some troubleshooting to try and find where the problem is.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here.

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the above doesn't help, we'd recommend raising a fault here.

Please let us know how you get on.

bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Hi 

Many thanks for this. Normally I find that if it was to be wiring in the home then the router would show that fault as the line dropped. I am not seeing this, which gives me concern that is somewhere out there. 

Since discount and connect last night the Internet has not dropped. 

Kind regards

John

Tags (1)
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Our tests are not picking up any external issues, @bigjohnuk

I can see that your connection has indeed been more stable since last night. Please keep an eye on this and let us know if you start to notice connection issues again. 

Kind Regards,

MoR