MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Confused about Premium Speeds

DSL Type:   G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   1,067 / 19,563

Hooray, we got there at last, finally got ADSL2+ mode!. Smiley
That synch speed is about what you would expect from your line, it may drop a little during the next 10 days ( training period ) if the DLM decides to increase the noise margin. It just depends on what the error rates look like, but they are looking good so far Smiley
As Asbo says, your profile should increase pretty quickly, you can check your PlusNet profile at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed , if it hasn't gone up in a day or so then check your BT profile at the BT Speedtester and see if that's gone up. Your PlusNet profile should follow the BT one within 12 hours or so, if it doesn't then give CSC a ring or post back here and one of the Comms team should sort it.
I'm just happy we finally seem to have got your problem sorted, good work there Comms Team ( and Rami )!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Glad that got it sorted for you. Smiley
Kudos to Rami for giving BT a kick.
annapp
Grafter

Hi everyone,
First of all many thanks to everyone for your help on this, really appreciated.
BT Speed test reports this morning:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 10278 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1000-99999 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :21730 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1087 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 17000 Kbps
Plusnet profile reports this morning: Current line speed: 11000
The router reports this morning:
Uptime: 0 days, 1:20:55
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,087 / 21,731
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.5 / 12.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 9.5 / 3.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 123 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 11 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 15 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 20
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 16
So from what you are saying I should see that Plusnet line speed increase?
Still at last the download speed is faster so we are now feeling it was worth the wait:-)
Annette
coastergrotto
Grafter

If the Plusnet profile doesn't rise to the BT profile today I would ring Plusnet Customer Support and ask them to reset it to match the BT profile.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: coastergrotto
If the Plusnet profile doesn't rise to the BT profile today I would ring Plusnet Customer Support and ask them to reset it to match the BT profile.

No need, I've updated it to 17000 now. Wink
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Those error counts are looking good, even the DLM thinks so!, it looks like it's reduced your target SNR to 3db hence the increase in speed from last night.
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:  9.5 / 3.5

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

annapp
Grafter

@Mand, thanks for that, we'll keep a check on the speeds over next few days, today we seem to be around 10800kbps even since you upped the line speed to 17000 still thats a big move from 6200.
Thanks
Annette
annapp
Grafter

Hi again,
I just wondered if these are anything to worry about:
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 232
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 203
I think these were always at 0 previously and have gone up from 20 & 16 this morning.
Annette
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi,
Cyclic Redundancy Check and Header Error Control are generally higher in ADSL2+. The exchange is not reporting any HEC errors on both up and downstream Smiley you don't need to worry about this at all.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

CRC Errors (Up/Down):  0 / 232
HEC Errors (Up/Down):  0 / 203

Not really, a few hundred/day is not normally a problem. The DLM yesterday tried to see if your line could support a higher speed by dropping your target SNR to 3db and thus synching at 21,73. It might decide to put it back to 6db in light of the increased error count and your synch might drop back to the 19,563 ( or thereabouts ) but I dont think so, it needs something in excess of 1error/minute to do that and your 200 in approx 7 hours shouldnt be high enough to trigger it. Depends how it goes overnight though,as error rates do tend to increase at night.