Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Internet sites

FIXED
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Cannot connect to Internet sites

An odd situation.  All Internet sites are timing out, but I can connect to Plusnet and Google.

Thompson router reporting a gateway failure at 195.166.130.254.

Is this a problem on the BT interface to Plusnet?

Plusnet internet.jpg

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cannot connect to Internet sites

Hey Maurice.

Our tests aren't showing any definitive issues and it looks like your connection has been up for 5 days straight:

If you've tried rebooting your router I'd recommend powering it down for 65 mins then back on as there may be a stale session.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Strange.  Internet access has returned, but the Router is still reporting the Gateway failure to connect.

It's odd that I could still access Community and get responses from Google (though that may be a proxy within the network?).

Access to a number of other locations I was using returned after a few minutes and continue to work - but the Router still reports failure.

I'll try a reboot later.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah fair, as far as I'm aware the connectivity check on the Thomson/Technicolor routers can fail nowadays due to the way your service is routed across the dedicated network however that's not always indicative of a fault with the service. I'd recommend keeping an eye on things letting us know if you notice any developments.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Fix

@MauriceC I always get that response on the few ocasions I do a connectivity check (TG582N router), but I'm always connected.Huh

John