cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS Can you check to see if change over happened.

robin35
Grafter

CS Can you check to see if change over happened.

Hiya, had email over 24hrs it said  "Your product change is now complete  Broadband Product: Extra" .  I have rebooted router a couple of times but it still connects at adsl max.
Can you check to see if change over happened.
Regards Robin
10 REPLIES 10
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: CS Can you check to see if change over happened.

Hi robin35,
I have checked your account and it seems your provisioned speed has not changed. This does usually happen when you change to the extra package. I have sent a ticket to our regrade team to have you changed to ADSL2+ and this normally takes about 24 hours.
Hope that helps,
Jojo Smiley
robin35
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Thanks,  fingers crossed for speed increase.
Kindest regards  Robin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robin35,
The ticket's been picked up and it looks like all should be working at the faster speed now, can you let us know if that's not the case please?
robin35
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Just rebooted router still connecting via  adsl max.

Kindest regards Robin
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like you're on ADSL1 on 21CN instead of ADSL2+. However, on a 59dB line I would definitely recommend that you stay on ADSL1 because you're almost certain to see no performance increase on ADSL2+ and you would be more likely to experience a fault.
However, if you'd like us to regrade you then just let us know.
robin35
Grafter

Hi Matt,
I changed package to try to get back to my old speed.  Since 12 feb 2010 when exchange was up graded. I have connected at best half mb down from old connection speed.
After six months of trying to get speed back. I came to the conclusion plusnet are reducing speed deliberately. To blackmail all customers to new packages.
Reason last engineer changed paired in flat but told plusnet there was nothing wrong. I connected at the highest speed since 12 feb 2010.
Until plusnet checked my line now speed reduced again.
Kindest regards Robin
robin35
Grafter

HI matt,
I have an old netgear 834pn router would it be worth trying with DGteam fireware.
Kindest regards Robin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The DGTeam firmware might be worth a go given the noise on your line that Ben posted earlier. I'd definitely say to try that first, because as things stand it's unlikely that moving you to ADSL2+ would increase your connection speed at all to be honest.
If however things improve with the DGTeam then let us know - or if you'd like to go ahead anyway even though it may not mean an increase.
robin35
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Netgear router connected
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 3424 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 63.5 db 31.5 db
Noise Margin 6.6 db 17.0 db
BT test
Download speed For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3424 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 2742 Kbps The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 22.04:28.65:49.31 (SBE:NBE:PBE) These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
achieved during the test was - 1880 Kbps is 1000-7150 Kbps.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
Kindest regards Robin
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

3424kbps is very good, considering the length / quality of the line. I'd recommend staying on ADSL1 but please let us know if you want to try ADSL2+.