Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering Issues

zonecrew
Dabbler

Buffering Issues

Hi
I am experiencing a lot of issues with buffering when streaming on my TV, like Netflix, ITV Player etc. Also the Internet seems to lag quite a bit compared to my previous ISP

Nothing has changed in my home set up whatsoever other than a change to Plusnet with your router but your service is significantly worse than my previous ISP. My speed test readings are always between 10 and 15mbs so this should be fine, which it was until I moved to Plusnet.
Is your service inferior to others? If not, please can you advise on how I can rectify this annoying issue. I stream a lot so I could do with a solution. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Buffering Issues

Sorry to hear you're having issues streaming.

I've tested your line and I can't see any cause for this as you should be getting speeds around 16mbps.

Can you confirm if you've been testing over a wired or wireless connection?

If wireless can you test a wired connection to see if that has the same issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zonecrew
Dabbler

I am going to put this on hold for a week as I am currently away from home. I will test on my return.
To clarify, you want me to test to see if I encounter buffering over a wired connection, thst correct?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @zonecrew

That's absolutely correct - just let us know how you get on when it's convenient.

Best wishes

Dave